Rapido 7090 Truma heating kaput (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Oh joy,
We were out all day and the heating/ hot water system was fine when we left and ticking along nicely keeping the van warm for our return.
When we got back we noticed that the floor around the kitchen was wet.
It appears that either the water tank or the hot water tank has sprung a leak.
It's only a slow seeping one but, having taken the out the under sink cupboard/ draw to find the source I still can't see whether it's the water tank, the hot water tank or a lose pipe connection.
So it looks like a trip to our local repair folks for them to strip it all out to find the cause of the problem.
I just hope we can get whatever bits are needed and fitted before then end of January when we go off for our winter trip.
Hey, ho this van is becoming a money muncher . . . . . . . When all is going well we love it to bits, but lately it's being a pain in the pocket.
But as an aside, it took us 2 days to get back home after we discovered the leak and we have had to survive on bottled water for making drinks, cooking and loo flushing, it's amazing how little water you can get by on when you have to.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Had same problem some years ago in our then Kontiki found it was the hot outlet on top of the heater that a previous owner had evostuck on - idiot, new fitting for pennies but the floor had warped and luckily settled back down when dried out. Everything was more easily accessible years ago when repairs were needed but more difficult now:( Hope you're soon sorted.

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
SORTED ! !

I hope.

After stripping everything out again ready to take to the repair shop tomorrow, I decided to to have another go at finding the source of the leak. Lo and behold it was the hot water outlet hose, the jubilee clip had somehow worked loose. A turn and a half with a screwdriver and after a half an hour on test all seems ship shape. Fingers crossed it stays that way, if so that's another bundle of dosh saved

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I just love it when you can find a simple fault and fix it yourself
What a great feeling of satisfaction
Well done you!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'd be inclined to fit a new jubilee clip, I wouldn't like to trust one that mysteriously comes loose.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Good news and yes agree, new jubilee clip

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
More likely heat softening the hose. If the clip wasn't sufficiently tightened originally to account for this it would become loose after being in use for a while. If the clip subsequently tightens correctly (ie it isn't stripped) then it will be fine. It's best to re-tighten HW hose clips with the pipework hot.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
wet cooling and heating together must be one of the biggest causes of connection failures although dodgit and bodgit pre-owners that I have experienced have made matters much worse and in some cases very costly to put right.

Deleted User
Glad you have got sorted, we had a leak on our boiler last year and it needed a new cylinder boiler jacket. 5 week delivery because trauma were on holiday and nearly £1000. Fortunately no damage to the floor as Rapido do completely cover with viny

Spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back