Rapido 640: Anybody know how to remove internal panel of habitation door? (1 Viewer)

Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
The spring of the top latch has come off and I need to remove the internal panel of the habitation door to get access to make a repair. There is no obvious way of removing it. Anybody got any ideas?
IMG_6758.jpg
IMG_6759.jpg

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
are the two screws self tappers or small bolts? if so have a look under the rubber at the top

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm in a similar situation. One of the chords in the blind has snapped, which looks like it's going to be fun to re-thread.

I've noticed there's two grub-screws in the inside door handle, I was going to start there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
if you look at the handle you pull to open the door on the inside you will see at the back a small cap ,prize it off and you will see a screw that is the starting point after that i cant tell you

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
if you look at the handle you pull to open the door on the inside you will see at the back a small cap ,prize it off and you will see a screw that is the starting point after that i cant tell you
Yes, and there is a screw behind the chrome grip bar, but thought there should be other screws. However, with further research, it looks like the panel may be attached also by velcro or double sided tape. I'm trying to gather as much information before I make a start.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I can't comment on yours but on my sunlight if I remove that one screw you can see the panel just pulls off but in saying that it is a hefty pull so beware if you try it. I did phone the dealer first before I attacked it

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
I can't comment on yours but on my sunlight if I remove that one screw you can see the panel just pulls off but in saying that it is a hefty pull so beware if you try it. I did phone the dealer first before I attacked it
Thanks. Information from dfferent sources is flagging this up to be the method. Seems crude tough. And there are concerns about damaging the wiring for the central locking. I'd prefer to get a professional to sort it out for me, but they are all swamped with work (or not replying to my requests!), so will pluck up courage and have a go myself in a few days time.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I just tried to attack my door. I had an issue with the lock that's been intermittent and became critical this morning, now fixed. I managed to get an access panel off that covered just the lock area on the inside of the door. But the rest of the door skin appears to be bonded to the outer. So I can't see how I fix my blind.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
If it’s like our Autotrail once all screws are removed, it pulls off !!
Mitch

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
The spring of the top latch has come off and I need to remove the internal panel of the habitation door to get access to make a repair. There is no obvious way of removing it. Anybody got any ideas?
View attachment 521539View attachment 521540
I also need to take apart my Adria Matrix Hab door its the same as yours ( just a different bin, outside dare plastic window are different and the outside handle has the lock below the handle ).
Like yourself local Adria dealers are booked up till winter but one dealer. ( who did my Habitation check ) had a look at the electrical connections to the door, lubricated the lock and tried adjusting the door but gave up at that ).
I asked them if/how the door comes apart and they said it does come apart but its a sod of a job as its double-sided taped together ?
I have looked on the internet for similar doors to find the manufacturer but cant find any.
I suspect its a Hartal door but their website does not give details or pictures of their doors.
Please keep me posted if you make any progress, I will do the same.
Just added some photos of my door

Attachments

• Hab door outside.jpg
    Hab door outside.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Hab door inside.jpg
    Hab door inside.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 62
Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
Contacted Miriad Products LTD in Derby ( Listed by Hartal as their UK supplier ) to ask about the Hab door locking mechanism and was told that they can only supply parts to their trade customers. However the guy did recommend Camper UK ( based in Lincoln ) to get parts or carry out a repair.

Been in contact with Camper UK and after sending photo's of the door they have confirmed it is a Hartal door and they suspect the operating rod has come off the door actuator and they can repair it. They estimate a 2 - 3 hr job.

We are now in the process of booking it in as they want a scanned copy/photo of the V5, ( told they are now booking for November ) and we can stay on the premises the night before so looking forward to spending a day in Lincoln

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Contacted Miriad Products LTD in Derby ( Listed by Hartal as their UK supplier ) to ask about the Hab door locking mechanism and was told that they can only supply parts to their trade customers. However the guy did recommend Camper UK ( based in Lincoln ) to get parts or carry out a repair.

Been in contact with Camper UK and after sending photo's of the door they have confirmed it is a Hartal door and they suspect the operating rod has come off the door actuator and they can repair it. They estimate a 2 - 3 hr job.

We are now in the process of booking it in as they want a scanned copy/photo of the V5, ( told they are now booking for November ) and we can stay on the premises the night before so looking forward to spending a day in Lincoln
Go up steep hill on your way to the cathedral, half way up there is a good pie shop on the left

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
That's the Pies sorted but more importantly where's best beer !
I can see us having to stay another night at Camper UK ?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Any one taking trim etc off any vehicle I would recommend buying a trim removal set.

it’s all hard plastic so doesn’t bugger stuff up and makes life sooooooo much easier 😊

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
its worth having a wander around the dock/marina

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp

Apologies for slow reply. Been away in the van, but not started trying to take the panel off. Removed the top holding latch bar on the frame though, so I can at least open the door from the outside. Thanks for sharing your research. Seems everyone is busy at the moment. I will have to try fixing it myself as I hope to go to the continent at the beginning of October. Good luck with your repair.

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Any one taking trim etc off any vehicle I would recommend buying a trim removal set.

it’s all hard plastic so doesn’t bugger stuff up and makes life sooooooo much easier 😊
Brilliant tip. Never realised such a thing existed. Just ordered a set.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back