Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Sat here in the M/H near Kielder Water, lashing it down with rain, same as yesterday in fact, forecast not good for the next week either, is anybody having sunny weather in the UK, !!!!!:cry:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
been nice here for the past week had a bit of rain today but mostly its been great pity really we have to leave tomorrow for sunny climes :Smile:

Cookiedoodle

Free Member
May 3, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie since May 2014
It's now sunny in Bolton, but it has been 'persistently' raining for much of today. I have been finding creative ways of drying shoes, clothes and coats...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sat here in the M/H near Kielder Water, lashing it down with rain, same as yesterday in fact, forecast not good for the next week either, is anybody having sunny weather in the UK, !!!!!:cry:

Ironic, but it's not bad here in Norfolk :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

If it's raining a lot, might be a good idea to build a reservoir there. I will write to United Utilities and suggest it!! :thumb::thumb:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003

Its been blinking hot here today, but I would not like to take the Pisa :Cool: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Raining in South Wales, off up to Pembrokeshire tomorrow. Really hope it improves, wet dog and wet hormonal 6'5" 17 year old teenage son aren't conducive to FUN. :shout:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In true Funster style..

can I just say how nice, warm and sunny it has been here in BENIDORM !!!!:thumb:::bigsmile:

AND the beer is cheap..

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
we had high winds heavy rain and thunder and lightning here today.

The lightning struck next to the motorhome and actually slightly melted the tarmac on the road.

Wow it was frightening to watch :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Last teatime/evening it absolutely threw it down - we had thunder and lightening for quite a while and poor little Lily didn't know where to put herself ... she ended up in our bedroom in her 'new' cave bed with the telly on loud (yes I know you shouldn't but it was either that or an even more quivering wreak of a dog!). Today we've had heavy rain most of the day the late afternoon/early evening it was lovely, sunny and warm.

We were going to go away this morning but the weather forecast was bad (which was right!) plus we had a couple of people wanting to come and collect some stuff we'd sold via Ebay (caravan awnings), so instead we will be off in the morning (early on) so we can go to a good car boot sale at Skipsea near Hornsea then we'll be tootling up the coast to Bridlington for another massive one at Strawberry Fields for an even bigger one which we've never been to but have been told it is very good - it's only there on Thursdays and Bank Holiday Mondays so hopefully it will be worth the trip. After that depending on the weather (and whether the camper is stuffed to the gunnels with 'treasurers' we've found) we'll either stay away for a bit longer or high-tail it home. After last weekend's trip to Hornsea for the night and the abysmal fish and chips, hopefully we'll get some better ones tomorrow night ... they certainly can't be any worse! :RollEyes:

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
still here in Combe Martin, lovely sunny morning, so only had t shirt and jeans on. We we to Arlington Court, ( very nice national trust house and grounds) at about 11am, walked the grounds and saw the carriages and stables, then all he'll broke loose, hellish rain for about an hour or more, so I said to the mrs, let's go for it back to the mome, so we did and we were drenched, I even had to pick up Milli our eldest jack Russell as she couldn't keep up the pace :Sad:, we got back to the mome, dried off and had a bit of lunch then me and the mrs went back to see the House. If you haven't been, it is worth it, we had a great time there despite the rain.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Looking at the forecast for the next week, looks like more of the same, not good, don't fancy cycling around Scotland in the pouring rain, may well head home and see if there are any cheapies available from Norwich Airport to the sun.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
After yesterday's 10.00 stormy deluge here in North Norfolk, (Sheringham), it was blue skies and sunshine, and it's to be much of the same for today. There's hardly a cloud in sight. ::bigsmile:

It might be sunny at Norwich Airport too. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, we went away on Sunday morning early on, straight to Skirlington carboot sale/market and about 15 mins after we got there it started to fl*ming rain! :Doh: We kept pottering though as it stopped and got a few bits and pieces, then it had another go and eventually we called it quits as everything was being either covered up or put away and we were getting soaked! :Angry: After a cuppa the rain stopped so we had a potter round the market and bought a couple of king size memory foam heated under-blankets (think of the love child of an electric blanket and a memory foam topper!) really cheap as the stall holders were just trying to get something in to cover their rent for the stall of £120! Then off back to the van and to Hornsea Memorial Hall on the northern side where we had a look in the hall itself as there was a table top sale (nothing much though), then a good long walk on the beach and play with the dogs, off to the supermarket to spend some voucher we had (Tesco) then back to the sea front again but this time on the southern side and took the dogs for another potter. We were all set to have some nice cooked chicken we'd bought for tea ... then a car drew up alongside and the occupants were munching away on some fish and chips ... so the chicken didn't stand a chance of being eaten! Off to the chippy and hubby had to queue for ages so I got the tea made and a pan of mushy peas on the go ... when he got back he said they'd 'made a mistake' so we got loads of chips ... despite hubby ordering 2 standard portions of chips and 2 fish, as they are used to selling regular chip portions the chap had stuck these in the carton and then covered them with the scraps hubby had asked for before realising he'd given us too big a portion, so he just charged for the standard chips instead. There were LOADS and the size of the fish ... wow!!! Oh they were absolutely gorgeous ... really, really lovely, the fish was so meaty and flaky with a lovely taste, not like the cr*p we'd had last weekend, and the chips were just right ... we waded our way through them as much as we could but to no avail, so we saved half of the fish, chips and scraps and are having a second supper tonight!!! :thumb: We then parked up near the park again and the dogs had a lovely romp around on the grass with hubby whilst I just 'sunbathed' in the camper with the door wide open - pure bliss.

As for today though, we went to the large carboot sale at Strawberry Fields, Bridlington, which was very, very large and we again bought a few bits and pieces including a brilliant large crocodile soft toy for 50p (or maybe an alligator?) for Tazzy - it's longer than she is! She loves it!

After lunch we went to Fraisthorpe for a potter on the beach with the dogs and there were loads of families there and lots and lots of dogs - it was like a play-date for dogs! ::bigsmile: They all had great fun playing and swimming and just running around. If anyone else goes to Fraisthorpe and wants to park up, rather than go in the farmer's large car park (at £2.50 for the day) there is a little bit of council parking to the immediate right of it which is free, I wouldn't recommend anyone with a large MH to try to use it though. :Eeek:

Update: just had the lovely left over fish and chips for tea ... it was just as scrumptious as it was yesterday!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice day today, all day in the garden, now want some rain to wash in the lawn weed n feed.

Think we will bet some tomorrow.

Martin

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
The weather went downhill fast once Soggie returned to the UK :cry:.
Why oh why doesn't he stay with Munchie for the summer? :winky:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
About 26c and wall to wall sunshine here near Cartagena ::bigsmile:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
About 5 mins ago

here is the proof:Smile:

Attachments

• DSCF3510.jpg
    DSCF3510.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 28
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Mother in law used to live near a village called Cuesta Blanca not far from Cartagena. We used to sit on the patio at night glass of wine in hand and watch Cartagena light up. Happy Days :Smile:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Lovely warm sunshine here on the golden Isle of Wight. Lovely today, lovely yesterday, lovely tomorrow. Even lovely in winter.

Er, we rely on tourism here so a slight exaggeration may have crept in. I go now to mop up.

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Ironically, just had 2 lovely days here, left Jedburgh this morning, now at a CCC club site at Perth, warm and sunny.:thumb:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
It puts water in the rivers & I get wet when I go for a paddle anyway so it dont bother me :ROFLMAO:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Its glorious this morning at Parc Verger in the Limousin!:Cool:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Ironically, just had 2 lovely days here, left Jedburgh this morning, now at a CCC club site at Perth, warm and sunny.:thumb:

We stopped off in Jedbrough yesterday but was't enough space in carpark for our m/h and toad so we are now on a ths at Bridge of Allan for a few days and will try Jedburgh again on our way back South in a few weeks.

It looks like we may have a damp day here today but hey ho, I'm sure we will find something to do, probably in Stirling.:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sitting here looking out at a light rain on the river.
Cygnets on the lawn, Goose poo everywhere,.
All in all a lovely day though::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back