LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sadly most youngsters that take up spotting or hunting have less than zero idea. They saw it on a film on tv and decided it is not difficult. Once they find out that they are crap at it, they move on to the next easy thing

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Here's one for to be going on with, as you can see he is very comfortable with me
9E4A3158.jpg

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Sadly most youngsters that take up spotting or hunting have less than zero idea. They saw it on a film on tv and decided it is not difficult. Once they find out that they are crap at it, they move on to the next easy thing
The big problem is that there are people on Utube with 500mm and 600mm lenses camoflaged up to the nines in Gillie suits and poncing around with tripods trying to take photos and they don't realise that they waste so much time setting up their tripods that they end up disturbing the Otters with their faffying about, a good bean bag and patience helps much more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Yeah ring of bright water was my book at school, and then we were taken to see the film,it was a treat in those days 🤗

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Where were you camped out? Maybe consider somewhere further from vehicle access.

I understand it being a bit frustrating though...

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Where were you camped out? Maybe consider somewhere further from vehicle access.

It was on Mull, I should know better, I had spent a month following Otters on the Otter Hebrides and thought ‘ what the hell let’s spend 2 days on Mull on the way home‘ Mull is so accessible for would be wildlife snappers, the circular coast road is both great for seeing Otters but they get disturbed so often and passing places become road blocks as the hoards try to outdo each other. I couldn’t get off Mull fast enough. Probably back to Shetland again next year.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

If you are tracking an animal, usually you either follow or go to where that animal is. They are not predisposed to only go to areas away from vehicle access

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think you were very cool and refined, my dear.

You COULD have thrown them in the water and told them to swim after it.

Beautiful photo above. Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back