Rant-MH hire companies (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'm sure some of them are better than others but we have just been pitched next to a hire Moho. They arrived after 23:30 with the lady finding the pitch then shouting to her partner where it was. Not the best of starts. Then in the morning he asks what to do about emptying the toilet cassette, so I instruct him. When he comes back I am busy doing my bits getting ready for the off. My good lady informs me that his wife took the cassette to the fresh water tap and proceeded to wash it. There's no drain there.......... When I hired canal boats the company went over a lot of do's and dont's. there was also a few checklists and instruction sheets. Surely some basics could be written up for those that hire a motorhome. These folks had never been given any instruction at all they said. Hope they enjoy their holiday but come on hire companies. Instruct them so they can get the most out of their hire........

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hope you took the name of the hire company and complained to them... That's all we need, cassettes at the fresh water tap!

Catherine

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We always gave up to 2 hours tuition (until they felt comfortable rather than a time limit) along with an idiots guide which was simple, step by step instructions with pictures in every van, and they also had 24hour support line to call (which was either me or the other half!)

I did see so many others starting up without a clue what they were doing - so it doesn't really surprise me!

Many of the big names seem not to care a hoot either - I quite often shook my head at the way they done things.

Upvote 0

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hire Companies

Many years ago when I was a callow youth :winky:My friends and I hired a volkswagen camper for a trip to yugoslavia It took us at least a week to figure out that the windscreen washers/wipers were recharged from the spare wheel on the front of the van they worked on air pressure via a small reservoir on the floor how quaint:RollEyes: this van was returned to the company and within 1/2 hour was on its way to Spain with another load of callow youths after having had a quick wash obviously no time for instructions and no crib sheets it seems nothing much has changed except motorhomes have become more complex :Eeek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have assisted many hirers at festivals. The companies,not all I hasten to add,can make a quick buck at festival time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hope you took the name of the hire company and complained to them... That's all we need, cassettes at the fresh water tap!

Catherine

this is why I only drink bottled water,

only the factory peoples can pee in it:Doh:

Upvote 0

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
One site I worked on someone actually emptied their cassette loo in the grey waste drain, I had to clean it all out of the fat trap txxxs and all. Don't we just love some people.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back