Rant: Fiat 5-day Parts Ordering Policy (1 Viewer)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well said Sydney.you are right.the hgv fiats seem to have the edge over the car lot. we do hope you get this fixed.:thumb:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
the hgv fiats seem to have the edge over the car lot.

I would just like to point out that I have no issue at all with the staff at the Fiat Professional garage in Worcester - Imperial Commercials. They are doing their best to help me. And Nix loves going there because she gets made a huge fuss of. :thumb:

The issue I have is with this 5-day parts ordering nonsense. :Angry:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Update

I have got the van back - after just one night in a B&B (and a lovely one at that). :thumb:

After all that bizarre palaver about head gaskets, it turns out it wasn't that at all. It was the crankshaft seal that was leaking instead so a much easier job. :Smile:

A couple of phone numbers that might be of future use to anyone in the UK with inclusive minutes on a mobile phone and unable/unwilling to dial an International Freephone (00800) number:

Fiat Customer Services UK: instead of 00800 3248 000 you can dial 01753 511431.

Fiat Camper Assist UK: instead of 00800 3248 1111 you can dial 0161 332 1043.

I rang Fiat Customer Services UK this morning. I asked to speak with the Technical Dept but apparently they will only speak to dealers and not us plebs - so I'm none the wiser about the three possible gaskets fiasco. :RollEyes:

Anyway, I'm just very happy to have got my van back - so I will be going to P'boro Show! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
what a relief! You must be so pleased and relieved. Learning point is that fiat appear to very process orientated with little deviation from plan
Our trials and tribulations of Fiat have been running in parallel, and maybe able to give an update on mine tomorrow, but dont want to jinx it and fingers crossed
Really useful numbers which I have stored, as we hope to head off to Europe this week (provided all goes well, and still havent cancelled tunnel crossing), now haven't seen m/h for 10 days:cry:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well done Marian. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

See you at P/boro. :Smile: Not coming to Chester? :Sad:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Our trials and tribulations of Fiat have been running in parallel, and maybe able to give an update on mine tomorrow, but dont want to jinx it and fingers crossed

Hope all goes well - and look forward to reading your update. :Smile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well done Marian. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

See you at P/boro. :Smile: Not coming to Chester? :Sad:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

Have to give Chester a miss as I'm now heading east towards the excitement of P'boro via the boredom of High Wycombe for routine doc and dentist appts.

See you at P'boro - in glorious sunshine! :Smile:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
great news maz.hope to meet you at p/boro.travel safe.:thumb:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Further update:

Today I got a call from Fiat Customer Service as I had raised a 'case' in querying the head gasket/parts ordering issue. Still no wiser about the technical aspect as there seems to be no way of talking with the technical department. However, as a 'goodwill gesture' they are sending me Fiat vouchers that more than cover the cost of my night in the B&B. I would have preferred a refund but seeing as it wasn't an actual 'breakdown' I feel that is a reasonable compromise. :Smile:

Reluctance to bring in parts before examining the job or stripping down an engine is your dealer's decision (to avoid parts sitting on the shelf) and not a Fiat policy.

Fiat themselves confirmed that the 5-day parts order/return policy is a Fiat policy. If there is a delay in delivering the parts (as seems to happen quite frequently) then the customer has no option but to wait - even tho' (as in my case) the customer may have booked a slot for the work to be done say 10 days in advance. :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back