Rant :Design (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When my grandson gets to 3 years old i am going to get him to design a site that starts with a basic plan view of a chassis.
On the right will be all the main icons you may want in your RV, single beds, sofa seats, mid bathroom, oven, other stuff like engine, auto box or man, price range blah blah. One would click on these icons and drag to the chassis. you would be allowed a max of say 6/7 icons in your chassis.
Then press go.
All the RVs that have the features you have selected will pop up, walla, whats so difficult about that.
At the mo i have no idea what RV has what, i have trolled hundreads, you have to go through all the nonsense on each van to see if it's what you want.
I get told lets say a Crapgargo is what i am looking for, dozens of em, i find after going through all the stuff, island bed, i want twins, rear bathroom i want mid ships, same with them all, always something you DON'T want in a van.

If that site is out there already i would be grateful to know where. Sick to death at looking at stuff i don't want.

Rant over (how do i get the bolds black and white RANT thing?

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Düsseldorf salon. One of the biggest motorhome shows. Nearly got to go but it was canceled due to coronavirus. Not sure if it’s on this year though either.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When my grandson gets to 3 years old i am going to get him to design a site that starts with a basic plan view of a chassis.
On the right will be all the main icons you may want in your RV, single beds, sofa seats, mid bathroom, oven, other stuff like engine, auto box or man, price range blah blah. One would click on these icons and drag to the chassis. you would be allowed a max of say 6/7 icons in your chassis.
Then press go.
All the RVs that have the features you have selected will pop up, walla, whats so difficult about that.
At the mo i have no idea what RV has what, i have trolled hundreads, you have to go through all the nonsense on each van to see if it's what you want.
I get told lets say a Crapgargo is what i am looking for, dozens of em, i find after going through all the stuff, island bed, i want twins, rear bathroom i want mid ships, same with them all, always something you DON'T want in a van.

If that site is out there already i would be grateful to know where. Sick to death at looking at stuff i don't want.

The closest I've seen is this Broken Link Removed
It does let you select various filters including number of berths, outline layout, etc however, it only lists vehicles that are currently on sale either at specific dealers or private sellers using the site.
Something similar supported by manufacturers \ converters would, certainly, be useful. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Then press go.

Do your own conversion..........nice ”little” retirement project!:LOL:;)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Then press go.

Sounds like a really good idea. There are so many variants out there. We’re incredibly lucky that we found exactly the configuration we were looking for, with every single box ticked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Seem to remember annual lists which amongst other things listed layouts, by referencing back to a numbered key drawing. Used to come with magazines but presumably, like the truth, it must be out there somewhere

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back