Random TV point in the 745se? (2 Viewers)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Hi there. Hoping someone out there with a 745 se might be able to throw some light on this! We are taking delivery on our 'new to us' Bailey this Friday. We noticed when looking it over that it has a TV and aerial point on the near side wall of the hab, above the foot of the fixed bed, at the end of the lockers. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to actually put a TV! Now, having been a member for a couple of days now, I realise that my question may elicit a few amusing answers, but may I ask, where do you put yours? ;):angel:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think the answer may be as simple as, you need to fit a bracket to the wall near the socket

my question to the supplying dealer may be that 'you appear to have forgotten to fit the TV bracket by the socket in the bedroom' and see what they say

don't get your hopes up but you never know (y)

I presume there is another TV point somewhere else already?

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We had ours on the little worktop just inside the door, hubby put some foam in the cupboard and that's where we carried the tv. We also fixed a wall bracket on the wall at the foot of the bed, worked perfectly from both angles.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
The Autograph models have 2 tv positions, and a bracket is supplied by Bailey for the bedroom.

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for all your suggestions guys! We had thought about mounting a bracket on the end wall at the foot of the bed, but could not see how this would be possible given that you would have to remove the microwave (or fridge, depending on height) in order to fix a supporting brace behind the panel. Our Avtex TV is pretty heavy and I'm not sure you could simply screw the bracket straight on to the panel. o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for all your suggestions guys! We had thought about mounting a bracket on the end wall at the foot of the bed, but could not see how this would be possible given that you would have to remove the microwave (or fridge, depending on height) in order to fix a supporting brace behind the panel. Our Avtex TV is pretty heavy and I'm not sure you could simply screw the bracket straight on to the panel. o_O

I would be asking the dealer to fit one, unless you have bought privately of course :D

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
We had ours on the little worktop just inside the door, hubby put some foam in the cupboard and that's where we carried the tv. We also fixed a wall bracket on the wall at the foot of the bed, worked perfectly from both angles.

Hi there! Can I ask how you fitted the bracket, and exactly where? Is it as high as the microwave, or at fridge height? We were worried that the panel by the microwave wouldn't take the weight of the TV!

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
The Autograph models have 2 tv positions, and a bracket is supplied by Bailey for the bedroom.

We've just bought a 2012 approach (which is possibly, maybe the forerunner to the autograph).Maybe someone can enlighten me.
TV bracket, 12 volt socket and aerial connection in the bed room.
Disappointingly theres no mains socket to go with it.
The other TV point in the lounge does, however have mains.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
You have to use a 12v tv! The assumption is that most of the time you will not be on hook up so motorhomes have 12v TVs.
Jon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back