Random flash of sidelights a mystery. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I moved van forward in drive to replace top front marker lens, moved it back in and locked up and about to leave it and sidelights flashed on then immediately off.
I stood and watched and after a couple of minutes it did it again. I have switched sidelights on and off again and gave up watching as I didn’t see it happen again.
I wondered if it was linked to alarm but it’s the indicators that flash when arming or disarming not the sidelights.
Any ideas please ?

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
I fitted some LED sidelight bulbs on the wife's C3 Picasso and that did the same put the old bulbs back in all ok, Strange !

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Some LEDs will flash occasionally if left in a circuit with a low leakage current. Capacitors internal to the LED drive electronics will charge up and cause a flash when they get to a certain voltage. A conventional bulb will pass the current continuously, which is far too low for the bulb to display even a dim light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Some LEDs will flash occasionally if left in a circuit with a low leakage current. Capacitors internal to the LED drive electronics will charge up and cause a flash when they get to a certain voltage. A conventional bulb will pass the current continuously, which is far too low for the bulb to display even a dim light.

The marker light is fitted with a festoon which wasn’t damaged so no need to change it , I only changed the plastic lens, switched sidelights on to check all working and switched off before locking and leaving.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just thought , I was at rear of van so it could have been brake lights that flashed but still none the wiser.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back