Random Cable Near Battery Terminal - Fiat Ducato '10 (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
Hi Everyone,

When looking for the positive terminal on our Ducato Autotrail I noticed a random cable and connector hanging around near the terminal. I don't have any warning lights on the dash, all lights and indicators are working as expected as well as all internal van electrics. I can only assume it may have been used in connection with the tow bar electrics, but that's a guess. I cannot find any connection point for it near the battery terminal either.

Does anyone recognise it and what it may be used for ?

Thanks, David.

IMG_2490.JPG

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Check the connector on the water in fuel sensor (fitted to fuel filter)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We got a "spare" cable just like that too. I was told that it was to connect a solar panel but I've never found "the other end" and when the solar was fitted they just ran a new cable to the battery.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I have a similar wire on my 09 Autotrail. It was obviously fitted after-market. I traced it back along the underside to the rear where it disappeared into a small junction box. I believe it is related to the towbar electrics.

OP
OP
davida71uk
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
I have a similar wire on my 09 Autotrail. It was obviously fitted after-market. I traced it back along the underside to the rear where it disappeared into a small junction box. I believe it is related to the tow bar electrics.

Seems the likely culprit, perhaps that's why the tow bar electrics weren't working when I tried them? :LOL: Doesn't matter, I took the whole tow bar off anyway. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks all. I've got one of those on our Laika Ecovip H680. Thought I'd dislodged something when I changed the (8 year old) battery. Panic over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back