Random Acts of Kindness (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
A few years ago now (before I retired) I was shopping in Adsa at Rawtenstall in Lancashire. It was just before Christmas and a little old lady was in front of me at the checkout. She seemed to be getting distressed, and it was apparent that she did not have enough money to pay for her meagre amount of shopping. She was trying to decide what to leave behind. I admit that this brought a tear to my eye (and anothother now as I type) so I took a Ā£20 note out of my wallet and dropped it on the floor. Then I said "excuse me but you just dropped this I think" to the elderly lady. Bent down, picked it up and gave it to her. She seemed confused, but thanked me, paid for her shopping and left. It seems that the cashier had seen what I did and thanked me. Honestly, helping that elderly lady made my Christmas. In the words of the song, we should all "try to be more kind."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 5, 2020
Crewe, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
Hubby and I were on a flight from Amsterdam to the States and were absolutely exhausted after some delays due to cancellations due to weather etc. We were hoping to spread out in 3 seats but economy was full. We asked if any paid upgrade were available and there was only one seat. Whilst waiting for pushback we started talking to the young lad squeezing into the row with us and he told us that heā€™s just returning home from Africa where he had been volunteering to build water wells etc. Hubby and I just looked at us, I got up to speak to a flight attendant and we paid for his upgrade. It wasnā€™t a lot of money but it gave all of us a lot more space and freedom.

The flight attendant said sheā€™s never encountered anything like it and brought us champagne, chocolates, a little gift and a thank you card and the lad kept coming into the back to us if one of us wanted to stretch out a bit. At the end of the flight we hugged and he asked me how he could pay us back. I just told him to pay for some peopleā€™s cuppas and he happily agreed.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My Community Champion has just delivered my shopping order. A random act of kindness does not nearly describe what she does for me and so many other people ..... okay it is part of her job but she goes far beyond the confines of that job not only to deliver groceries but also to pick up medication and pet food and all sorts of other random things people ask of her.

We were chatting as the payment machine was trying to connect and Martin mentioned getting a carry oot (take away) - she's going to get some chips and put them in the hot food bag to see if they are still hot when she gets here next week !!!! If so she says we can order fish and chips from the place that does gluten free and she'll bring them out to us (26 miles). I am embarrassed that she would even think to do that...... I was saying it would be a nice trip once restrictions were lifted to get F&C and eat them in the car at the sea front.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I was stood at the cash machine and an old lady was in front of me,
She turned around and said could I help her check her balance,
I gave her quite a shove and she did not fall over ! So nothing wrong with her balance šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
My good deed for the day šŸ‘

You've been reading too many old-mo posts. :LOL:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We were chatting as the payment machine was trying to connect and Martin mentioned getting a carry oot (take away) - she's going to get some chips and put them in the hot food bag to see if they are still hot when she gets here next week !!!! If so she says we can order fish and chips from the place that does gluten free and she'll bring them out to us (26 miles). I am embarrassed that she would even think to do that...... I was saying it would be a nice trip once restrictions were lifted to get F&C and eat them in the car at the sea front.

It must be a really good hot food bag if they will stay hot over a week. :rofl: :imoutahere:

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Was filling one of the fleet cars the other morning at a S!Ɨ// ā¶garage when a motorhome pulled in and the driver started wandering around the forecourt.
Asked him if he was looking for the autogas pump and that the one here had been removed a while ago. Tried to give him instructions on how to find the one I use but realised that it was a lot easier to get him to follow me there even though it was well out of my way back to work.
Gave me a warm feeling for the rest of the day by helping someone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back