Rally to Greece 2019 (1 Viewer)

mubob

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Funster No
Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone is up for a trip to Greece next year ?
We will be taking 20 units , leaving U.K. around 29th April , travelling down to either SAN Marino or Brindisi, ferry over to Greece
touring for 6 weeks then back up through Italy .
We are awaiting confirmation of ferries / sites at moment, their are 10 places available, is anyone interested ?
Please text / call me on ...07531122375
Many thanks
Bob & Mu

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So, are you just a friendly couple wanting company, or running a business here.........
Seems odd for your 4th ever post;)

Do explain more!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mubob

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Funster No
Hi , no we are not a business, new to M/H fun but been caranning for many many years and motorhoming for about 7 years , we have run loads of rallies both in U.K. and on continent, we love having people around us while on holliday and rallying has given us loads of scope to make new friends.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Hi , no we are not a business, new to M/H fun but been caranning for many many years and motorhoming for about 7 years , we have run loads of rallies both in U.K. and on continent, we love having people around us while on holliday and rallying has given us loads of scope to make new friends.
Then I think you will fit in very well!
:welcomesign:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We may be interested. Are you seeking or expecting any fees associated with this service.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Hi and welcome to the forum. The ferry schedules for next year 2019 have not been published yet.
They should be available late November early December.
We hope to be touring Greece again next summer.

Pete

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My twopence worth. I recall forum members who have volunteered to help other members travelling to another country (Morocco) that did not fair well and as best as I can recall the issue was not the crossing and the assistance provided by a very helpful Funster but members of the group themselves having different opinions on where and when to stop and where to go next, after making the crossing. I can foresee exactly the same and probably even bigger problems with a large group travelling to a far destination. I guess the only way to avoid trouble is to spell out in great detail with a fixed timetable of each stop, each departure and if members choose to deviate that would be their choice. You can bet the organisers will be working their socks off even if it goes without a hitch. But you know there's always going to be at least one who will want to change the plan after agreeing to it. Either way, we will follow this thread with great interest.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
My twopence worth. I recall forum members who have volunteered to help other members travelling to another country (Morocco) that did not fair well and as best as I can recall the issue was not the crossing and the assistance provided by a very helpful Funster but members of the group themselves having different opinions on where and when to stop and where to go next, after making the crossing. I can foresee exactly the same and probably even bigger problems with a large group travelling to a far destination. I guess the only way to avoid trouble is to spell out in great detail with a fixed timetable of each stop, each departure and if members choose to deviate that would be their choice. You can bet the organisers will be working their socks off even if it goes without a hitch. But you know there's always going to be at least one who will want to change the plan after agreeing to it. Either way, we will follow this thread with great interest.

Yes we wouldn't go on something organised for that reason. Would work better if you don't travel down together but then meet up, or is that defeating the object? :confused:

OP
OP
M

mubob

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Funster No
Hi philandmena
Obviously there are many schools of thought on rallies / meets etc. Call it whatever but there are millions throughout Britain that rally on a regular basis and love it ... as we do .
All sites will be pre booked in areas of interest , we prefer anyone coming on the trip to do it all ( not a site here or a site there ) for logistical reasons only .
We’ve had a couple of more bookings this morning so places are limited .
Good luck to all and happy Camping
Bob

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi philandmena
Obviously there are many schools of thought on rallies / meets etc. Call it whatever but there are millions throughout Britain that rally on a regular basis and love it ... as we do .
All sites will be pre booked in areas of interest , we prefer anyone coming on the trip to do it all ( not a site here or a site there ) for logistical reasons only .
We’ve had a couple of more bookings this morning so places are limited .
Good luck to all and happy Camping
Bob
We too attend meets/ rallies Bob and like you and many others enjoy them and recognise the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. However, (correct me if I'm wrong) what you are offering (I assume), goes far beyond a rally/meet as you will be departing the UK and travelling down to Greece as a group! I wish you great success and will follow your trip with great success. Will you start a blog or provide updates on here for members to follow?

OP
OP
M

mubob

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Funster No
Sorry if I’ve mislead anyone , we would NOT be travelling as a group, obviously , people will pair up and travel together but under NO circumstances will 20 M/Hs be travelling together .... can you imagine it
Regards
Bob

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I think that’s very unfair to post a comment like that without giving reasons to it...(n)
i agree because it didnt work for you isnt reason to complain here without explaining the reasons .organising anything is a nightmare as the old saying goes you cant please all the people all the time

Youlostoo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Since 2014
Broken Link Removed I have my reasons, as do do many others. There was a get together in Cambridge of around 15 vans who had been on the same fiasco. It was invitation only. Make of that what you will. I will not be making any further comment.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Broken Link Removed I have my reasons, as do do many others. There was a get together in Cambridge of around 15 vans who had been on the same fiasco. It was invitation only. Make of that what you will. I will not be making any further comment.
Perhaps if Bob knew who you were he could explain or even give his side of the story?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
leaving U.K. around 29th April
Ah, the day after Greek Easter - I wise move! We're off to Greece next year (Crete actually) but we'll be there before you set off. Good luck with everything. (y) Are you planning to do 'camping on board' with Anek/Superfast? IMO the best way to travel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back