Rally Chat Rally setups ie awnings (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
In almost 50 years I’ve only ever done organised campsites.
In the 70s that was with the Auto Camping Club.
My recollection of that time was decent gaps between vehicles and caravans.
There was a communal tent for coffee mornings and what ever adults do when kids are in bed. 👍🏻

As one of the kids I’m not sure if the “decent gaps between vehicles and caravans” was common sense fire safety, etc. or regulations but if nowadays it’s “HSE gone mad” sounds OK to me. 👍🏻

Edit. Not much left of the ACC but I found <Broken link removed>
Spotted lots of caffeine (two coffees 🤪)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
We have a 6.5m long x 2.5m driveway awning that the kids sleep in ....Not sure how much space we would get allocated.
:unsure: With a 6.5m awning full of kids I doubt you'd find anyone pitching very close. ;);)

(Sorry, that's no help at all - just my mischievous and warped sense of humour, couldn't resist).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
At many shows whilst the 6m distance between each vehicle is observed there are often awnings put up between them so the distance requirement obviously allow this to be done otherwise l'm sure the likes of Warner's would soon get them taken down.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am very grateful that our rallies/events or whatever we need to call them this year are organised so that we are safe. Thank goodness we have people like Emmit to organise them for us. I would not have the patience.

It seems obvious that if you have an awning the gap between the actual vans must be bigger and should be 6m. I know that doesn’t seem to happen at music festivals and I’ve ended up feeling quite unsafe. Tents have suddenly popped up on exit routes late at night.

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Having seen a motorhome on fire at Upton Blues festival a couple of years ago, I certainly wouldn’t want to have been parked less than 6m from it! Very scary.
I saw that and it was shocking!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We went to the new forest show with mhf, and it was great, very spacious, with large gaps between everyone, this weekend we went to a camping and caravanning club this. And it was horrendous, literally awning, caravan,car, with no gaps, hate to think what would happen if there was a fire...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back