Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
At Peterborough we had a great time "Marshal Watching" it was a hoot. Over breakfast on the Thursday, the family watched a group of club marshals pacing out the pitches, it took them an age, and once done they had an argument and moved them all again:ROFLMAO:

Their ralliers were given strict instruction on exactly which part of the motorhome must be level with which peg. Motorhomers looking really nervous as they are given their parking instructions before they even got a welcome, followed by lots of shouted "left 'and darn a bit" "straight back" "Straight" "I SAID STRAIGHT" (whether they wanted instructions or not) and plenty of eye rolling and tuts and the waving of clip boards if they deviated a fraction from the marshals instructions.

Contrast that to a Fun meet, where you will be greeted with a warm welcome, you can park more or less anywhere you feel comfortable, and the only difficult bit is deciding whether to have coffee or beer! (not a difficult choice for me:Smile:) If you want a very relaxed meet or rally, to meet other funsters in a very informal, laid back setting, with no rules, regs and annoying marshals then get yourself on a Fun meet or rally you will not be disappointed. Have a look on the calendar, there are plenty happening:thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Jim

I work the same as you and when I organise a get together prefer to let people decide for themselves.

Gets difficult as you get more people though. On one occassion someone wanted to slip between my mh and another which I thought was ok but the other was owned by an ex fire officer who wanted the recommended space for understandable reasons.

An arguement broke out and the latest arrival almost drove off but his wife calmed him down.

Me I think the very best rally marshalls are someone else. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stew

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
ps

A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu

--------nice one, a good direction in life :Smile:

stew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim On one occassion someone wanted to slip between my mh and another which I thought was ok but the other was owned by an ex fire officer who wanted the recommended space for understandable reasons.

stew

Of course safety is paramount, and its common sense to observer the safe distance recommendation's. However as we know sometimes "common" is the least common of the senses:ROFLMAO:

M

mnd

Deleted User
At Peterborough we had a great time "Marshal Watching" it was a hoot. Over breakfast on the Thursday, the family watched a group of club marshals pacing out the pitches, it took them an age, and once done they had an argument and moved them all again:ROFLMAO:

Their ralliers were given strict instruction on exactly which part of the motorhome must be level with which peg. Motorhomers looking really nervous as they are given their parking instructions before they even got a welcome, followed by lots of shouted "left 'and darn a bit" "straight back" "Straight" "I SAID STRAIGHT" (whether they wanted instructions or not) and plenty of eye rolling and tuts and the waving of clip boards if they deviated a fraction from the marshals instructions.

Contrast that to a Fun meet, where you will be greeted with a warm welcome, you can park more or less anywhere you feel comfortable, and the only difficult bit is deciding whether to have coffee or beer! (not a difficult choice for me:Smile:) If you want a very relaxed meet or rally, to meet other funsters in a very informal, laid back setting, with no rules, regs and annoying marshals then get yourself on a Fun meet or rally you will not be disappointed. Have a look on the calendar, there are plenty happening:thumb:

Totally agree! ...Give someone a yellow bib to wear, arm them with a clipboard , and they suddenly transform into a megalomaniac with bombastic abandon..and supposed divine rights:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back