Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We need some rally marshals at the big shows this year. We already have a couple but some assistants will be appreciated. Would you consider it?

How it works on a show rally

At most rallies the rally marshals have a free pitch

Marshals arrive a day before the rally starts to nick the best pitches and have beer and nibbles and a nice quite evening before the hubbub of the next day.

The busiest day is the first day, welcoming all the ralliers and showing them where to pitch, but the day is not too long as you don’t need to marshal all day. Once the rush is over We always have enough Marshals so you can do a couple of hours on and a couple off and get some downtime.

After that first day its really easy, you just arrange between the other marshals and share the time waiting for the stragglers. Invariable all are in by teatime on the second day.

Once they are all in your time is your own, you will likely be asked to help out with the Bacon rolls on a Sunday but that’s about it.

It can be hard work especially in inclement weather but it is very rewarding in as much as you get to meet so many people. People always stop and chat to the Marshals and your circle of friends can grow wide very quickly. Just take a look at the Brisey and Pamalaaar thread to see how marshals are appreciated.​

We will be looking for assistant wardens at all the Show rallies this year, if you are interested then do let me know. Cheers

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Bacon butty duties. Hmm that rules me out for starters. It would be burnt offerings anyone:LOL:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
@Jim Put us down for Peterborough and Newbury. We did Lincoln in Autumn 16 if you remember and have helped at the Thetford bash for several years. We are likely book the later ones as well, but can't commit yet. We are unlikely to be at Malvern or Stratford.

Best wishes .... Hilary and Robin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Bacon butty duties. Hmm that rules me out for starters. It would be burnt offerings anyone:LOL:
Having done the bacon butties there is a greater call for burnt offerings.
Must be a northern thing :LOL:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

You'd be nowhere near the cooking, we'd use your skills at the front collecting the £1 coins. We know you're good at that :D (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I haven't got a clue when we'll be away, or if we'll be at any shows etc this year but if we were I'd certainly be willing to help ... I'll have to get back to you when I've sorted out my itinerary! :D

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our honest opinion on this vacancy.

The job is cr#p in the rain. :eek:
But so are a lot of jobs.:)

Now the best things :LOL:

It's very rewarding and people apiciate that your doing it, ;) but there is always one that say ' I can't believe you do this for a weekends free camping '. :rolleyes:

Remember without people rally marshalling there is No rally, and Jim really does apiciate everyone that helps out, we had some great times and met some good friends. :D
So if you want to meet loads of funsters, and make new friends and have a little extra to give put your name down, ;) you know you want to. :LOL:
Bob and Janie

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Free camping!!!!!! :Eeek:

No-body mentioned that ..... must hurry to get my itinerary planned! ;)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jim, thinking of doing Peterborough, if I do I am happy to marshall etc.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We've thrown ourselves on the Sword for Newbury.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I will do Peterborough, what do I do now?? If the camping's free do I need to fill in the forms?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back