Rally Chat Rally in Camping Alegria Del Mar, Benicarlo. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Lisa replied to my questions:

‘How long could the rally last?

-We would have 15 pitches available if it was the price 17,00€ per night. Includes 2 people, camping-car or car caravan and a 6amp electric.
-If you were thinking the price would be 18,00€ per night but they would have to have arrived and pay for the 12/14 nights on arrival with no refund if leaving before.... as it is Easter Week. Price includes 2 people, 1 camping car and a 6amp electric. ( We would have availability for 10 pitches).
-If you are thinking of all the month on April let me know and I will give you a price.

Could they stay for a few nights - some are on their way home from Benidorm?

- Yes, if we have availability... however they would have to pay what ever the cost of the camping is at that moment. These units that are just passing through may not be with the rest of the rally...”

If anyone has the ACSI book could you please check, I think the site was a member when we were there a couple of years ago.

If you could let me know the length of rally you would each prefer I will transfer the information to the Scheduled Rally with the names of interested funsters.

Obviously there are always situations which change what we have planned, but if your name is on the list, please let me know asap if you will not be attending.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
I
Lisa replied to my questions:

‘How long could the rally last?

-We would have 15 pitches available if it was the price 17,00€ per night. Includes 2 people, camping-car or car caravan and a 6amp electric.
-If you were thinking the price would be 18,00€ per night but they would have to have arrived and pay for the 12/14 nights on arrival with no refund if leaving before.... as it is Easter Week. Price includes 2 people, 1 camping car and a 6amp electric. ( We would have availability for 10 pitches).
-If you are thinking of all the month on April let me know and I will give you a price.

Could they stay for a few nights - some are on their way home from Benidorm?

- Yes, if we have availability... however they would have to pay what ever the cost of the camping is at that moment. These units that are just passing through may not be with the rest of the rally...”

If anyone has the ACSI book could you please check, I think the site was a member when we were there a couple of years ago.

If you could let me know the length of rally you would each prefer I will transfer the information to the Scheduled Rally with the names of interested funsters.

Obviously there are always situations which change what we have planned, but if your name is on the list, please let me know asap if you will not be attending.
Think that's a fair price.they still take ACSI .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’de love to have attended, but will be home from Beni mid March, with Our Rob’s wedding only then 2 months away, so no chance of extending our Spanish Sojourn ☹

I only mention this as we attended the last Benicarlo rally run by Ginny and Mike (Steve tonka having shirked his responsibilities, and blaming it on a heart attack ... ?) and we had a lovely time!

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
we will defo be there Thursday 9th April until Tuesday 14th april

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
we will defo be there Thursday 9th April until Tuesday 14th april

Thats good, but it is also the Easter weekend and the prices might be higher than those for the fortnight, beginning the 1st April - see information from the site.

Funsters thinking the price would be 18,00€ per night but they would have to have arrived and pay for the 12/14 nights on arrival with no refund if leaving before.... as it is Easter Week. Price includes 2 people, 1 camping car and a 6amp electric.

Leat me know and I will contact Lisa and get a price for you.

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
We have just booked our first adventure abroad with our Motorhome , me , julia and our Leo ( shitzu) after a long 40 years working for ourselves ( mot/garage ) we are off 16th feb Portsmouth to Santander heading hopefully to Albir etc , we would love to meet up with you on our exciting journey around .

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
That’s great, we will be there from the 6th March through to the end of April.

Funsters can arrive, if there is availability, anytime during March but we might not be placed together.

During the rally there will be 10 - 15 pitches. During the Easter week there are only 10 places available.

Perhaps the last week in March and the first week in April would have been a better time for the rally and then Funsters can then stay for Easter if they wish, at rally prices. I will contact Lisa and see what she thinks and get back to you.

After the rally there will be availability.

Lisa and the family have made it clear that she will do all she can to accommodate us and those who went on the rallies during 2015 and 2016 (which were first 2 weeks in March) will agree that we were all looked after very well.

Ginny

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Deffo interested... Probably just one week max as we will need to back for work / let our livers recover! 2px, 3 dogs, 7m van.

Rocinante

Free Member
Oct 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2016
Hi Ginny and Mike.
New members so not been on a rally, but not new to caravanning and motorhoming. Any chance you could give me some details of your rally pls. Dates, cost, availability, how we book etc.
Totally devoid of any sense of humour - Nolli Illigitami Carborundum!

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Hi Ginny I hope you and Mike are OK. Is there any places available from the 1st till the 15th.

Thanks John.

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
Morning All.
hope you are all safe and well .Any news yet on Alegria Del Mar.Have booked our tickets from Dover
A big ask i know . Thanks Audrey and Michael.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
As they say, no news is good news! Just had an email from Lisa, she has sorted the bookings and everything is fine, with the current numbers we will all be together. We are just hoping the crossing to Bilbao settles down before we are due to travel. All crossings yesterday and today are cancelled, I wonder what they do with all the people who have booked and not sailed????

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We we’re going today Portsmouth to Bilbao we’re getting a refund and we’re going on the tunnel early Wednesday morning

How soon do they let you know, its a long way to Portsmouth for us we will be setting off the day before and if everyone switches to the tunnel we dont want to be hanging around for 3/4 days.

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
The didn’t I went on there web site and checked sailing updates last Friday not a lot of info we were worried about the weather so we kept n eye on it as the ferries were cancelled the week before we were going to on the tunnel saturday but they wanted £300 one way

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Crikey, £300! looks like they are counting on everyone wanting to switch and take advantage of putting up the price!

We are getting a bit concerned now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back