Rally Ilfracombe Victorian celebrations11th to 16th June (1 Viewer)

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
As I remember there is or was a giant boot sale on thursdays just down the road from there. Lovely part of the world,:Smile::Smile: worked at a caravan camp in Berrynarbor for two years a liittle while back. We hope to be staying with freinds at Lee for that week so will pop in to say hello if thats ok :thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Scally we are looking forward to this meet and would be nice to put another face to a name, come and say hello ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As I remember there is or was a giant boot sale on thursdays just down the road from there. Lovely part of the world,:Smile::Smile: worked at a caravan camp in Berrynarbor for two years a liittle while back. We hope to be staying with freinds at Lee for that week so will pop in to say hello if thats ok :thumb::thumb:
No problem, see you there

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Link Removed
not long to go and plenty of space left, extend your stay and make a real holiday of it at rally rates no problem. As a base for north Devon beaches and attraction you would be hard put to find a more suitable location.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looking forward to this one, as a little extra could you please order some sun..::bigsmile:

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
unfotunately Simba8 can no longer attend

List is amended

Those Attending:-

Roger and Sue
Lesley and Alan
Chrisboyo N Liz
Carol and Eddie
Pstockhi and Jacky
Phil Wain

Lesley

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
For those Funsters attending this meet here are your directions

From the M5 J27 take A361 right through to barnstaple
stay on A361 until the Mullacott roundabout just outside of Ilfracombe.
Take the B3343 woolacombe road west and approx 800 yards down the road it is the third entrance on the Right. (opposite a large red box) You will see the "Fun" sign. If you enter EX348NY in the satnav you will see the fun sign on your right just before you get there. Looking forward to meeting you all. :thumb:

Lesley:thumb:

pstockhi

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
DEVON
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
since 1988
Good afternoon just arrived on site had a very good greeting. From Roger took bike off back of van and broke part of carrier Roger walked over took the broken part to his workshop came back a little later with new part he had made Thanks mate.Sat in sun what a nice site having a drink with Roger ed carole Phil me and jacky weathe4 great at momemt going to town for a walk .
Nice harbour lovely veiws and great little town
Off to national trust hse in morning.
Will keep you updated peter

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sitting here overlooking the lovley meadow that is part of Rogers land on the edge of the Rally, the birds are beautiful flitting around, had a good day in Illforcome for the Victorian Festival not been for 30 years, it really is a nice place to visit. Today we have spent at Woodcombe Bay walking the beach one end to the other. Its been a small rally but everyone is so friendly just sitting outside the vans now in the sun, Lesley Jean and Roger have been excellent hosts with nothing to much trouble and loads of information, a great central location for touring a beautiful area. :Smile:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
so sorry we did not make it to devon to meet you all.:Sad::Sad: We have not even left lincolnshire yet. Looks like another late start to my snail trail,just because I wanted a new fridge that would not fit,,,,, :Doh::Doh:hey ho the life of a self builder:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pwain

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Devon,United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
VW.hi top
Exp
At the rally along with peter & jacky met up with other funsters. Enjoying the victorian celebration. Better now the sun is out. Ilfacombe is a lovely place and Rogers site is ideal for the north coast exploring. Thanks for organizing this rally .:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have just got home, that 4 mile trip was really grueling. Thanks to the funsters for an entertaining week I am glad you found it enjoyable. My workshop has not been so useful for years. I was pleased to be able to help. Looking forward to the next one.
1st thing this morning the Buzzard was back on his perch, hee hee.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you Roger, we enjoyed our stay although we are now back home ours was a 280 mile Journey, we will wait for the weather to settle down before venturing out to the Motorbike Meet. I did manage to see the Buzard a couple of times.

pstockhi

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
DEVON
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
since 1988
Would like to just thank wildman for a great week the rally was quiet but very friendly it was nice to meet a few of the Funsters,
Thanks again Roger see you soon Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back