Rally Chat Rally at Woodside Field in the Cotswolds - please consider volunteering (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Everyone
The demand for UK sites this year is high and certainty we are struggling to meet the demands for places on the August Retreat rally as are other rallies.

Quackers has diary space for more rallies this year but does need someone to volunteer to be the rally marshal. Can be more than one person of course.

It’s a rewarding task, not an onerous one. You would be helping our Funster friends have somewhere lovely to stay at an affordable price with the added benefits of social company. Your pitch would be free of course.

At present the weekend of 15 - 19 July is vacant and it is the weekend of the cancelled Royal International Air Tattoo.

Of course, should you feel able to volunteer but just not that weekend, you could negotiate different dates with @quakers.
If you feel able to help out, you certainly wouldn’t be left on your own and even if you have never done it before please consider giving it a go.

Annie

Brian and Helen , Mr and Mrs Quackers
282FC89C-C224-4134-8E5C-368057CF336B.jpeg

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Riverbankannie

I'm in limbo at the moment with the hospitals but think this sounds a lovely place for funsters to get to know each other without being overfaced as in huge shows. Can't wait until I can visit.

If there is anyone who would like to marshall, you won't be left alone. Annie can give advice and quackers will give support too.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As a wildcard idea if no marshals come forward to organise, admin. & run this - as Quackers are Funsters could they not hold & run their own rallies (using Fun's club exemption & insurance) like other members would - perhaps Jim can advise if there is some reason why not? Perhaps with the field also being a Fun CL this causes complications?
I might be wrong but think old-mo ran a rally before at his CL?

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
What does a marshal need to do ? I don’t mind lending a helping hand especially if it gives me the chance to get to know folks but I need to know what I am volunteering for before stepping forward !
Hi Juliet
Thanks for thinking about it.
We realise that there is a need for information on this subject. We are trying to organise a get together if you are not too far away?
I think your sentence about getting to know people hits the nail on the head! Once the planning done, it’s all about being sociable greeting newcomers and making them welcome etc.
There is obviously admin work to do on keeping track of who is coming, which day and have they paid etc.

Jim Wombles Emmit irnbru toledo Are there any FUN guidelines anywhere? I know what I did last August but that was my first one !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Thinking about it I don’t think I would be able to reliably commit to anything because I am over the border. If the rules in Wales at the time differ, which they often do, I can envisage a situation whereby the meet could go ahead but I am not permitted to attend. D

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thinking about it I don’t think I would be able to reliably commit to anything because I am over the border. If the rules in Wales at the time differ, which they often do, I can envisage a situation whereby the meet could go ahead but I am not permitted to attend. D
I am really hoping that the border will be open in May as we would like to go to North Wales.
Keep the July dates in mind anyway - no need to commit to anything yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back