Rally Rally £5 a night at SMC Smeaton Lakes (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Smeatons Lakes has a meeting room with tables / chairs / toilets available most days. Last time we used it they charged £25 / night for it. Peanuts when it comfortably holds 20+ people. Just in case you weren't aware of it. A group of us (members of a Car Club) have been using Smeatons for 20 years or more - usually two visits a year. It's one of our favourite places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Form completed but I won't be there till 7-8pm Friday as things stand.

Anyone thinking of booking this the price goes up to £10/nt after 24 June

JillD

Free Member
May 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
Camping on Smeatons rally field is from Friday 5th July. SMC are putting up a marquee on rally field for everyone to use, I think they are running a quiz on Saturday night.
There are some places left.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We're going, arriving Friday at some point, maybe leaving Sunday :unsure:. I think some others have booked but not posted on here.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Wish we were going but our van is in for service/hab check at .................................... SMC!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
As much as we fancied Shrewsbury we had to be practical and ended up going here. From the dealers we have visited recently, I must say I was impressed with the whole weekend.

A free mini bus to and from the show, spotless motorhomes, no sales hassle, bbq, tea and delicious cake...All FREE :)
A marquee on the camping field with a quiz on Sat night, 2 bottles of wine provided at each table, lovely staff.

We have thoroughly enjoyed this weekend. Just a pity next year clashes with the Warners meet in Edinburgh.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I was up at SMC earlier in the week, I would have quite liked to go to the show but having only just been up there it felt a bit unnecessary :).

Smeaton's a nice calm place too, I had a view of the lake out the back windows which was rather soothing :).

Newarks's not bad either, plus you can buy Organic Italian red wine cheap at Morrissons which was rather good. They even sold wine glasses for those ill equipped newbies like me..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back