Rallies over 30 in number still illegal? (1 Viewer)

Aug 16, 2018
West Wiltshire
Funster No
Exp
Long time
The way I see it, all are booked as individuals with the "campsite" so no problems.
As for social gatherings at such, if individuals all decided to sit around and have a matter Atma safe distance then also no problem.
It has already been said in the media that people when they have had a drink can't social distance !

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We are going to a THS in August, we have to pre-book and pre-pay. It is being treated as a campsite and there will be no social gatherings.

Is that a camping and caravan club THS?
I thought they were "off" . It would be great for us if they are back " on "

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't think we should ask. Campsites are allowed to open and a rally is just a temporary campsite. I don't know what, or even if, guidance has been issued to campsites but if any has, covering distances between pitches or outfits etc, that's all that needs to be followed. I'm staying at a site tomorrow and if I get the opportunity I'll ask them if they've received anything.

Well, they never 'Stopped" rallies so they are unlikely to "Start" them. And they've opened sites because they are happy with the 6m separation. A rally is a temporary campsite with the same separation, so personally, I don't see an issue

Meanwhile, they are opening Gyms and Pools. So you'd think it would be easy to get an answer from the insurance company. But not so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
That’s interesting Jim no limit on this CCC THS next month at Beadnell just more spread out.
7FAA0633-060A-4FA2-B710-AB6B02FA2051.png

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I cannot see a problem with however many vans turn up at a specific authorised place or site, racecourse, THS or similar, providing they have pre -booked to allow for tracing afterwards, they are well spaced, maintain SD rules, take sensible precautions at service points, wash hands etc.
However what doesn't make sense to me having being shown how the "aerosol effect" works especially indoors, how far it can spread etc, they are allowing Gyms,swimming pools, and other indoor sports places, even with 2mtr spacing, and regular sterilising regimes, it still goes against what we were all told.

Yet choirs are not allowed to sing, the virology "experts" are carrying out a detailed study to see if blowing into wind instruments could be OK in bands & orchestras, theatres will open some with very small orchestra pits (maybe they could use pre-recorded music instead) will the cast be able to sing,I dont know?

The latest easing of use of public places seems to contradict what we have all been told thus far, so its just commercial pressure to get businesses up and running, people back to work whether, its financially viable or sustainable with SD restrictions or not.

I know its hard to make, and stand by any easing of restrictions for the gov, but is it only me that thinks they contradict each other in terms of risk.?
Devolution GOV decision differences, make even less sense in their scheduled of easing of lock down measures.
LES

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
We’re on the CCC site at Keswick main field is packed all pitches used just usual 6m spacing toilet blocks are being cleaned 3 times a day and hand wash bottles at bin area but not much different to normal only change is you pay before arrival and stay in van and they take you to your pitch we’re on the barn field a little less busy but will see how many tents they cram in tonight.

Liz

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
That is great news. Thanks.

(We should have guessed information would be on Facebook rather than the CCC own site)

Found some info now on CCC site Forum but still need to use Facebook to follow individual DAs)
Thanks again

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The Wild festival in North Yorkshire is still on for end of July. They have limited attendees from 500 to 350.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Found some info now on CCC site Forum but still need to use Facebook to follow individual DAs)
Thanks again
Have you got the CCC DA “Out and About App” if not download it onto phone or tablet gives you all the info on THS (Temporary Holiday Sites) Apologies if you’re already aware of it.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Have you got the CCC DA “Out and About App” if not download it onto phone or tablet gives you all the info on THS (Temporary Holiday Sites) Apologies if you’re already aware of it.

No I didn't know about it. But I do now.
Very many thanks. Might be able to find a bit of affordable travelling this summer.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Farsical isn't it. Did you see that he allegedly was chasing her singing "I'm a naughty Tory" Alan & I was in hysterics over that.
Yes and vomit hit my throat. Also, allegedly 'she was up for it' ....horrid

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
There's more than 30 units on this campsite, are we alleged to be a gathering?

I'm not banging our own drum on this, but,

anyone who attended the Plum Festival last year knows that they were at least 6mtrs from their neighbour.
The same will happen this year.
When that occurs, the rally field is no different to any commercial site, (in fact, it's damn sight better than some!)

Providing that attendees to these events abide by all the other constraints, (ie not meeting together from different units inside a unit) then I fail to see what anyone in authority could complain about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back