Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In the absence of advice from a number of authorities my position at the moment is this.

A Group of vans is not a "Gathering" otherwise car parks would be closed. So as long as people do not gather in larger groups than is allowed, and they maintain social distancing; then no laws are broken. But I am not a lawyer.

Being cautionary, and not wanting to lose our Rally Licence, I will allow rallies of 30 people or less. This means we're talking 15 vans, or a couple more if you have solos. Hopefully we will be able to expand this soon.

A copy of our rally insurance policy is available in the resources section. (y)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
What about having two or more rallies in the same place at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This is from East Kent DA if it helps

Could I respectfully point out that although the recipient of the above message was East Kent DA, the actual message originates from the C&CC themselves. And thank you scousebird

I would imagine that the Club have access to their own legal department and they would have burned the 'Midnight Oil' on coming to the decision that they have.

I can say, on behalf of Mrs Emmit and myself that, providing that Funsters are prepared to jump through the hoops necessary to comply with the various rules and guidance that comes with Covid, we are still prepared to run the Pershore Event.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
18 years
I've not been on the site for a while due to Covid and other personal problems. I was informed that the Norfolk show was cancelled. Why are we still showing Rallies, shows, and meets on the calendar when they are supposedly cancelled? Can the cancelled shows be removed from the callendar or altered to give better details of the show, rally etc?

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I've not been on the site for a while due to Covid and other personal problems. I was informed that the Norfolk show was cancelled. Why are we still showing Rallies, shows, and meets on the calendar when they are supposedly cancelled? Can the cancelled shows be removed from the callendar or altered to give better details of the show, rally etc?
They still offer latest information about the individual show or rally and as such a valuable source. In many cases significantly different alternatives are offered and therefore need to be highlighted.

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Are we having a meet at the Malvern wild camping show

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Hi ron cab
there is no club meets at the Malvern rally only wild camping

Mar 11, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1990
As a retired health and safety professional, and an experienced camper for almost 60 years, I would like to share my recent dealings with organising camping meets. I am currently the President of the Huddersfield and Spen District Association of the Camping and Caravanning Club and our DA has organised 2 temporary holiday sites (THS) during August. We have written our own detailed risk assessment for the THS, printed the requisite signs and provided anti viral spray for the water tap. We are also stressing that social distancing must be maintained. We are confident that this meets the government guidance and we are not limiting numbers to 30 persons as the THS is a temporary campsite and NOT a social gathering.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back