Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We need to build our rally program up so that we have something happening most weekends throughout the country. Presently we have a good turnout at the large show rallies and others like the bring and buy; but as many of you know there is also a lot of fun to be had at smaller local rallies with just a few vans attending.

We already have a quite a few people who run rallies, but we need help and will be looking for people to look at running a rally near where they live. The more people we have organising rallies the more choice we all have.
This afternoon I will be uploading a Handbook for Rally Marshals and anyone will be able to download it and take a look to see what they can do. Meanwhile, please give it some thought about where a rally might be held in your area.

A Big Annual Rally (BAR)
I like the idea of a big annual get-together, where we can get a large marquee erected and have some paid for entertainment to play and complement our own entertainers. To also include things like a hog roast and kids entertainment as well. To fund this and other functions we will hold fund-raising raffles/competitions at some of our rallies. We will work hard to get traders to swop publicity for prizes and we may buy some. All money raised via these raffles will be publicly accounted for on this website and only spent on ralliers.

Running a rally is great fun and very rewarding and I hope you will consider running one. :thumb:

EDIT HANDBOOK AVAILABLE NOW Broken Link Removed

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This is just a thought, but the question often crops up is there somewhere to camp near Liverpool, if any one on the Wirral knew of a handy location Bidson or any of the other places on the train route into Liverpool would make a good rally.

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hello jim brill idea, hospital appts and other things nearly done!!! so will look forward to attending some rallies, however the reason for this thread is i will donate an oil painting of mine for your raffles, if thats ok or maybe a couple, sea scene, farming scene , horses something like that:Smile::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Great idea and I look forward to it, I am sure that there will be plenty of ideas on its location both positive and not. But bring it on! And hopefully no noise police around. I would be happy to help out setting the site up etc.
Steve

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sounds like a great idea - we would like to attend regular rallies but having the restrictions of working & school terms the ones further afield are not always possible.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ideally just north of Birmingham.

Most large events like the one Jim proposes really do well if the venue is as central as possible in the country. 100% for this. :thumb:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
rally sites..

Hi what the welsh show grounds rwas builth wells or penmaunau again builth wells
beautiful area handy amenities etc or carmathan or hay on wye just thoughts.
thanks jan

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Kelmarsh hall, (Midlands)

Tatton park (Cheshire/Manchester)

Harewood house ( Harrogate/Leeds)

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Lots of places being suggested here, any of you not going to the Lincoln show in September the Adventure Overland show will be on the same weekend at the Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse. Sundowners have negotiated a great deal for Fun members:thumb:

Last edited:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
This is just a thought, but the question often crops up is there somewhere to camp near Liverpool, if any one on the Wirral knew of a handy location Bidson or any of the other places on the train route into Liverpool would make a good rally.

When we lived in Liverpool we often rallied at Abbey Farm CS near Ormskirk, they have a separate rally field from the site. Maybe helpful.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think an annual rally is a great idea.. :thumb:

We are so looking forward to getting a new van so we can attend .. and will also try to organise a meet in Suffolk..

If you consult the Member map, Birmingham is the most central for most funters..

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
A central funsters only rally is a great idea:thumb:

I think the main thrust of Jims post is to encourage as many individual members to run rally's and meets themselves and get that calendar full every weekend:Cool:

It's not hard - just find a venue and set up the dates - the funsters will do the rest by turning up and doing what they do best :party2:

I dipped a toe in the water and posted an event in July which was full within 2 days! So go on - have a go and book something!

Or if you've never rallied - get out and about and just join in:thumb:

What could possibly go wrong:winky:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
"A Big Annual Rally - BAR"

Surely it should be " A FUN Annual Rally - AFAR." :roflmto:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Harwood house is a smashing place
How about Duncan park at Helmsley it beautiful and only a short walk into town
The idea of a fun national rally is a great idea just make sure in school holidays so as to give everyone chance to attend

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have two thoughts on this.

1) Location, I would recommend a central location as near to the intersection of as many major road networks as possible.
Having a quick look at google maps I thought the following..

The A1 and M1 run parallel through the middle of the country so somewhere between the two. Then north of the A14 and south of the M62. That gives a lot of territory to choose from but makes it accessible from most of the country without making it too far for others.

2) My second thought is. Why not make it a big event and have a full week encompassing two weekends. I love the Stratford show for many reasons but one of them is the long trip is worth it wherever I am coming from because I have a full week there. I have time to wind down for a few days then into the party time.

If I am around when one is organised I am happy to help out in my small way but I am not a people person or very good at organising big social thingies so couldn't organise one from scratch myself. However I do really appreciate those who can :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Lots of ideas for locations but is there anyone willing to give it a go and run a rally, there is always someone willing to give a hand helping.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
A Big Annual Rally (BAR)
I like the idea of a big annual get-together, where we can get a large marquee erected and have some paid for entertainment to play and complement our own entertainers. To also include things like a hog roast and kids entertainment as well. To fund this and other functions we will hold fund-raising raffles/competitions at some of our rallies. We will work hard to get traders to swop publicity for prizes and we may buy some. All money raised via these raffles will be publicly accounted for on this website and only spent on ralliers....................

This sounds a good idea. Perhaps the first one done centrally and then the venue changes all around the country each year so that those who cannot drive far, those who have caring and other needs are able to attend.

If we had a venue during the school holidays that was used solely for the annual meet that would mean that it would be more inclusive too without parents having to worry about arriving late of a friday evening and leaving early of a sunday lunch time.

I will put in an advance order for warm weather for the first one Jim xxxxx

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Uttoxeter Racecourse? Looks pretty central.

Broken Link Removed

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I can hold lots of themed rallies at the lazy buzzard trouble it I'm not allowed to manage the online side and despite asking around no one else seems up for it. 10 acre site, WC, dump tank, fresh water, local busses stop at the gate. Pub/restaurant 800 yards. How about a dog show for funsters? Anyone want to organise one?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
hello jim brill idea, hospital appts and other things nearly done!!! so will look forward to attending some rallies, however the reason for this thread is i will donate an oil painting of mine for your raffles, if thats ok or maybe a couple, sea scene, farming scene , horses something like that:Smile::thumb:

I see from your interests you are a painter, but what is wife quilting - might like a go at that.::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We would be up for a fun annual bar rally on the central area. Running a rally us. Hard work but when you see everyone enjoying them selves it makes it all worth while, we run the 2 Whitby goth rallies April & November so one each end of the year, gives us a rest inbetween, come on funsters you know you want to, we get lots if help and couldn't do it without our friends.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back