Raising the shoulder fixing of a seatbelt - a real pain in the ......shoulder (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi folks. We have an A class with swivel seats that have the seat belt built in to the seat. I am tall and find that the shoulder fixing point too low. After a few miles, I find the pull of the seat belt hurts my shoulder. I have fitted a cheap 'Clip' device that stops the seat belt running back, but this in turn makes the front of the belt lose. So.....

Has anyone else had the same problem, and if they have, has anyone managed to find a bracket/fixing/gizmo that lifts the shoulder mounting by a few inches?
In most cars, the shoulder mounting is adjustable to accommodate for the long the squat and the tall - alas such provision has not made to the Motorhome seats, yet.

D

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Same issue for me, same solution! Iā€™m all ears if someone does have a good/safe idea

Jim

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Can you buy a top bracket that is longer or a bolt on extender.

If not design and get some made.

Might be a start of a new buisness šŸ˜Š

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blaydon
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Can you buy a top bracket that is longer or a bolt on extender.

If not design and get some made.

Might be a start of a new buisness šŸ˜Š
I thought of that - I even when as far as buying the materials but then the boss pointed out that messing with the seat belt might have implications for the insurance. All it needs is an extension plate with two holes. Plastic coated so it looks ok, and a high tensile nut and bolt to hold the belt bracket in the new position.

ā€™belt stoppersā€˜ donā€˜t change the direction of the pull.

D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back