Rain stops play (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We planned to go to Colchester this week to visit friends who have a CL .. but the weather forecast looks abysmal .. so it's cancelled.

Perhaps it's my age but just can't see the point of spending money on fuel and site fees to be cooped up in a caravan on a wet site with two dogs and a 12yo .. done it all too often, it holds no appeal.

As a consolation prize for Chaz I offered to take her to Ipswich on a spending spree ... that cheered her up no end.. she loves spending and soon forgot about camping .. takes after her mother... :roflmto:

So.. has anyone else changed plans due to the cold and wet ... ?

roll on the good weather. :RollEyes:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have been in Spain 4 days. Rain and heavy cloud the whole time.

I would have changed plans had I known.

Roll on the summer:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So.. has anyone else changed plans due to the cold and wet ... ?

You bet.

Got to a lovely pitch near Venice, one great sunny day, then all hell let loose. WWW said that was it for the week, so headed for sun, in France at the time, and the damned weather followed us all the way home.

When they get a storm down there, they get a STORM.

It started out so well. Nice sunny plod to Monza. Sat next to sunny racing for 5 days. Deep joy. Then move about 100 miles and Game Over.

I love it when people say "The weather turned bad, trees were ripped up, the campsite was flooded, air-sea rescue saved one mobile home owner but it was a great holiday". Yeh, right.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's just started peeing it down again.

I am spending a fortune in cafes and bars.

Just ordered a cerveza to cheer me up.

Sun forecast for tomorrow before a return to wet weather.:Sad:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's just started peeing it down again.

I am spending a fortune in cafes and bars.

Just ordered a cerveza to cheer me up.

Sun forecast for tomorrow before a return to wet weather.:Sad:

Ironically, it ain't stopped raining here since the hose pipe ban started four days ago... and with a biting cold east wind off the N Sea feels like November.. mind you we do need the rain... just not when we plan to go away ..
Nothing more disappointing than planning, booking and getting ready then the weather turns foul... :RollEyes: but I'd rather be at home than sitting in a muddy field.

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
well a turn up for the book, it has been dry in Windermere for 2 days:Eeek:
mind you tomorrow could be different:cry:
sunbathing weather it aint though

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Sat on a site Nr Andover at the moment, had rain overnight but dry now although heavy rain forecast for overnight and tomorrow. No dogs or kids so we will probably stick it out, nothing much to pack away so no worries. There is a classic car rally here tomorrow but from the forecast it may well have reduced attendance.

Roll on the summer sun.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We were intending to spend the weekend in Cornwall but like yourself, I have grown out of wet weekends in muddy fields. :Sad: So having a couple of days out instead. Yesterday had breakfast at Southend managed an hour in the sun too. :sin:Today left home around 6-30am and spent a really great day having a look around the Olympic stadiums dockland the city airport and the dome. Using the Docklands Light Railway and a couple of river cruisers it has been a really fantastic day. It was that good we are going to do it again with a bit more planing next time. Tomorrow, still working on that, but somewhere with a breakfast included.:thumb:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
cancelled easter in Hertfordshire

We cancelled easter this weekend. Said the same "did not fancy sitting in a muddy field all weekend"

So did some work on the van, watched the world superbikes from Italy, Motogp from Qatar and having a good weekend.

Looking forward to the rally at Peterborough:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back