Rain coming in around habitation Door. (1 Viewer)

May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
I have 2012 Autosleeper Broadway EL. Lots of rain came in around habitation Door and left about an inch of water on internal step and soaked my coat which was hanging next to door, behind passenger door. I dried floor and step but water now seems to be seeping from under step as I dry it more appears, without raining.
I've looked at black rubber seal around door and it seems perished at the top but fixed securely all around.
We want to replace seal but how do we know which one to get without removing existing one first?, which would let in more rain whilst waiting to source and fit it. Motorhome kept in open compound. I've looked at seals direct but their ones seem to be for windows, or I need to know which profile.
Are these standard, as in autosleeper used one type?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The broadway is a coachbuilt? if so Autosleeper buy the door and frame in from Hartal. So standard door rubbers. a good source is Seals direct in New Milton Hampshire https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi
If you cut off a few mm from the middle at the bottom, it will give you the correct profile and will not let water in. It may even help to allow the water out.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back