Radio speakers (1 Viewer)

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
Hello again.
After the fiasco with the faulty radio I've had a replacement fitted by the stealer.

It took a while, it came from ebay then had to go to Torquay, from the North East, to be recoded.

I was up at the moho last week and whilst I was there I turned the radio on but got no sound from the right hand front speakers, which is the reason I was faffing around with the original in the first place.
My first thoughts were dodgy wiring/connections but I then switched off the engine then restarted it an lo and behold, the speaker started working again.
Has anyone else had this or can anyone suggest what may be the cause?

2012 Boxer with the bog standard radio.

TIA

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
My first thoughts were dodgy wiring/connections but I then switched off the engine then restarted it an lo and behold, the speaker started working again.

It could still be dodgy connections. Not sure which version of the radio that you have, but the Uconnect 5 (and probably earlier ones) checks the speaker wiring when it is powered on and if it detects a fault (short circuit or high resistance) it disables that channel - so if there's an intermittent fault that's present when the radio is powered up it will disable that channel until the radio is turned off and on again.

I'd be suspicious of the door speaker if it's the original - they're pretty erm.... cheap...

MarkP

Free Member
Jul 4, 2018
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Elddis
Exp
1 year
Apologies I'm no use to you but you might be able to help me!!
I also have a 2012 Boxer which has been unable to hold a radio reception since we got it, I just haven't got round to looking at it tbh. I have been told though that the aerial is linked into the wing mirror - do you know if this is correct?? There is no external aerial visible...
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Keith E

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
It could still be dodgy connections. Not sure which version of the radio that you have, but the Uconnect 5 (and probably earlier ones) checks the speaker wiring when it is powered on and if it detects a fault (short circuit or high resistance) it disables that channel - so if there's an intermittent fault that's present when the radio is powered up it will disable that channel until the radio is turned off and on again.

I'd be suspicious of the door speaker if it's the original - they're pretty erm.... cheap...

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Our RH door speaker tends to cut out sometimes if I turn up the volume it starts again its very annoying. I thought it was the radio sometimes cutting out but now think its probably the speaker probably just sometimes sticks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back