Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi has any one fitted a normal radio ariel to the cab section of the MH The radio is useless when we are moving (as i have posted before) just wondered how easy it is to get the wire through to radio and the best place to fit the ariel.
Thanks
Paul

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have the same problem, I think lots of people do. As far as I can tell the only real option is to go for DAB. I'll be off to Vanbitz soon.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Yes DAB is the only real fix option!!

As mentioned in a previous post, Blaupoint offer a windscreen mounted aerial for FM which is OK but not a fix im afraid.. :madder:

We had a previous customer with of course the same problem as you and everybody else and Autotrail had the van back numerous times trying to fix the issue.. they mounted 8!!! FM aerials to his van and the best aerial with the strongest signal strength is one they installed into the windmirror after testing?

Few months later he did go and have DAB radio fitted though! ;)

JAmes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The actual aerial mount ,on mine anyway is the roof of the cab, under the roof lining, I had the same problem on my 02 ducatto, fixed it with a windscreen mounted Aerial, Yes I KNOW !!! the purists say the reception is crap, but we don't listen to the radio as we go along, the bloody noise of the diesel engine, to our mind anyway cuts out any enjoyment anyway.
Parked up though, the reception is ace! We can listen to a clear signal. We hav'n't got BLUE TUBE mp3 dual carriage way thingee cant talk to the space station, don't want a wireless that loops the loop, or runs in ever decreasing circles, If it plays music, has the news occasionally, then hey! happy happy!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On earlier ducatos the aerial was roof mounted (later ones are in the door mirror)....and whats on the roof of a coachbuilt motorhomes cab....a bed.
And the converters dont bother fitting an alternative aerial.

I fitted a regular fiberglass whip aerial to the o/s wing.....but i had to unbolt and remove the wing to do it as there is only an inch or so between inner and outer wings.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got a similar problem with our Fiat based PVC where the aerial is mounted on the roof over the cab, hubby has just bought a new aerial so once its fitted I'll report back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back