Radio aerial (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Can anyone tell me whee I may find an aerial for our Pioneer AVR head unit. The reception is shocking and when you're going along its non existent?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Paul, I seem to recall the aerial is located in the driver's side bus type mirror. If you look up between the bed and the front sliding window you will see a junction box screwed to the inner wall. Remove the cover and you should see the aerial coax lead. Not sure how to get to the aerial in the mirror though asI Iwired my head unit directly to the Status 570 TV antenna booster box (radio f male terminal) and this gave a better signal for FM and also good reception for DAB.

Have you also checked that the aerial lead is fully located in the head unit? You need to pull out the head unit to check this but it's a relatively easy job as you should have the removal keys as they are supplied with the G749C manual for the head unit.

Again, hope this helps.

Richard

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Replying on mobile so apologies for predictive text errors ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paulypaul
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Wow, thanks Richard, you're certainly an encyclopedia of Pilote knowledge! I really appreciate all your help.
Beat regards, Paul

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Yes we have the same on the Laika. The ariels are stuck to the inside of the mirrors. The connector at the top on ours was showing signs of corrosion and we were not getting much of a signal. Tried all sorts over the last couple of weeks and finished up fitting an indoor ariel instead and disconnecting the mirror ones.

Used one of these

They are a bit on the long side ( 500mm ) but do FM and DAB so you only need one and an ariel splitter on the end. I did try a signal booster as well but it made it far worse. I have also started putting albums onto an SD card.

OP
OP
Paulypaul
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Thanks for that, if all else fails and I don't see any obvious signs of corrosion etc I'll contemplate going down the route of an external aerial or perhaps one of these indoor ones. Thanks for the link.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paulypaul
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Paul, I seem to recall the aerial is located in the driver's side bus type mirror. If you look up between the bed and the front sliding window you will see a junction box screwed to the inner wall. Remove the cover and you should see the aerial coax lead. Not sure how to get to the aerial in the mirror though asI Iwired my head unit directly to the Status 570 TV antenna booster box (radio f male terminal) and this gave a better signal for FM and also good reception for DAB.

Have you also checked that the aerial lead is fully located in the head unit? You need to pull out the head unit to check this but it's a relatively easy job as you should have the removal keys as they are supplied with the G749C manual for the head unit.

Again, hope this helps.

Richard
Richard, Unfortunately the van is fitted with a satellite dome so no aerial to tap into

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back