Race Passion Swansea (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Blimy reading through that lot, why is this guy still able to trade???:whatthe: do trading standards have enough grunt:Angry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yes but still trading:Eeek:

For the life of me I cant imagine how or why. It also makes me wonder what the build quality would be like even if you did get the van delivered. Guaranteed till it went round the first corner springs to mind.

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
I cant understand why people still use this rogue and his companies. their are many negative comments on the web and only a couple of positive ones that seem to be from dubious posters who dont stand up to scrutiny and none have offered their vans for examination as prove of workmanship.

look here for comments from http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3188446

Not all publicity is good publicity and the Traders on this site have earned the right to be called fair because of their open and honest dealings with the funsters and when it goes wrong, as sometimes happens, it gets sorted out. Sometimes in public, but it gets sorted.

trying to promote a company with such a negative feedback will just create more negative comments. And more negative web searches.:Doh:

So mister Ginger put your money where your mouth is and prove you are on the level.

One badly treated customer is one to many and mud sticks.

Mike

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
what i dont get :Doh: and call me naive :shout: why suddenly does a new member make a first ever post to defend a 3 year old thread relating to a company. :Eeek:

why would you even be looking? :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gingerboyracer

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
NEWQUAY
Funster No
MH
high top van conversion
Exp
since 2008
why do i want to post about a thread thats 3 yrs old, i will tell you why, because i have just picked up my van 3 weeks ago and im glad to say im really pleased with it. I have no connection with Mr Lloyd other than having this conversion from his company. I just thought you would like to know about my experience, thats all. For all you people who dont know where Newquay is its in Cornwall, a good 3 1/2 hours drive from Swansea so i am not an employee or connected with Racepassion in anyway. I just thought this was a forum to share experiences with, im happy with my van and the build quality, and for those people who dont like the thought of Racepassion doing a good job touigh, get over it.:Angry:

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
gingerboyracer. Thanks for your pm.

I am pleased you are happy with your van but you are still not offering any prove of its quality so why not show off your conversion and post some detailed pictures so we can judge for ourselves.

Maybe racepassion have changed their ways and that would be most welcome and we look forward to some evidence of this.

In the meantime I feel for the customers who have not received what they paid for.

Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
why do i want to post about a thread thats 3 yrs old, i will tell you why, because i have just picked up my van 3 weeks ago and im glad to say im really pleased with it. I have no connection with Mr Lloyd other than having this conversion from his company. I just thought you would like to know about my experience, thats all. For all you people who dont know where Newquay is its in Cornwall, a good 3 1/2 hours drive from Swansea so i am not an employee or connected with Racepassion in anyway. I just thought this was a forum to share experiences with, im happy with my van and the build quality, and for those people who dont like the thought of Racepassion doing a good job touigh, get over it.:Angry:

It is not that anyone is anti-Racepassion, it is more to do with the man repeatedly pretending to be a satisfied customer on forums when people have had serious issues and had virtually zero joy getting it sorted, eventually having no option but to involve the courts.

If my suspicions were unfounded I am quite happy to say sorry for doubting you, and indeed I sincerely hope chummy has changed his ways and has stopped causing his customers considerable grief.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thing is.. these threads are great.
Anyone even half internet savvy can google race passion .. or any other dishonourable company before they choose a builder .. and threads like this pop up in their results .. so thanks gingerboyracer for reminding us.. :thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
gingerboyracer. Thanks also for your pm.

I am pleased you are happy with your van. my question was more directed at why would someone pick up a 3 year old thread and actively feels the need to change peoples views on that thread with their very first post. if my cynicism is misguided then i sincerely apologies, only time will tell.

i have no axe to grind either way with this organisation and i truly hope you get what you have paid for and expect from your conversion.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I should like to take this opportunity to point out this man at the moment has more than one company vdubpassion being another one to watch out for I should not like to see any of our members waste a couple of years in courts with him trying to get money back

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Another of his companies is Passion Leisure Vehicles Ltd (different company check websites show this as 'active' and also 'inactive') and another is Dark Blue (UK) Ltd although this one was wound up by court order. His full name by the way is Berian Paul Lloyd.
Just thought it may be useful to know if after the bad TV publicity, these other companies spring back to life.

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/916121269

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Interesting,

There has just been a programme on TV about a Company named as Racepassion with an owner named as Paul Lloyd.

Our own, our very own Dave Newall, was asked to give his opinion on one of the conversions 'created' by Racepassion.
Daves opinion, (as an expert), as to the professionalism of the work done could be stated as "Lower than a snakes belly"

The woman took Lloyd to Court and got her money back apparently.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes, I saw it too. Dave said not only was the standard of work dreadful but that some aspects were downright dangerous, and one could have led to an explosion... The poor woman had spent nearly 3 years waiting for it to be done, waiting for repairs to be done by Race Passion and then taking it to another company for the faults to be rectified.

Another owner was still waiting for his van to be returned after paying £10k.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back