Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
Can anyone recommend break down cover,I was with rac for five years, first time i call them out they said i was to big at 27feet so left me on the side of the had to make my own way home lucky i was just 24 mile from home this was in October,was on phone when I got home,it taken 3 mouth to sort out, thay refund my money back.

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
you need motorhome breakdown cover. I got mine from the AA included with the insurance. Never had to use it so I don't know how good it is

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Can anyone recommend break down cover,I was with rac for five years, first time i call them out they said i was to big at 27feet so left me on the side of the had to make my own way home lucky i was just 24 mile from home this was in October,was on phone when I got home,it taken 3 mouth to sort out, thay refund my money back.

Normally if you are over 3.5t then you have to get breakdown cover with your insurance company, ie Comfort ins, Safeguard ins, both of these cover mhs with NO limits on weight or length so you may want to look at getting this sort when your existing mh ins runs out, or try your ins company !!!!!!!! Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
got mine with Saga, have all our vehicle insurances with them, much cheaper for us that any other quotes we got but at least as good cover in each case
like gasman though, never had to use them - yet - (touch wood!) o_O

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The RAC will cover any size/weight motorhome under their "Arrival" scheme but you also have to be a member of the Camping & Caravan Club.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have motorhome breakdown insurance through Comfort, which is with the rac with no limits. Though mine is for Europe, in the UK my first call is to the AA but rarely use the motorhome in the UK.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I've posted this before. Now I can't find it.

Oh here it is.....

Quotelinedirect

Not had to call them out but service online and by phone was excellent when setting it all up.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Unfortunately their cover is not good enough for UK use. Bear in mind repatriation is to Germany. I had this conversation with them directly and they were happy to sell me the policy but advised against it due to the above. I know many members here are ADAC members and very happy with them however I suggest the rules for new members may not be the same as for renewals.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@mjltigger I have been considering ADAC but it looks like a minefield for new members :eek: I like the idea of repatriation but from what you are saying it excludes UK?

Actually I want breakdown cover for EU and like the idea of repatriation in the event of some medical emergency..... guess I will have to buy Travel Insurance for that one and take the inclusive breakdown cover with Safeguard :confused:

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Some of us have mentioned that a FlexPlus account with Nationwide will cost you £10 per month BUT gives 180 days European breakdown cover + worldwide personal travel cover "free". So far no-one has "used" it to the best of my knowledge but it is provided via Britannia Rescue, so should be OK. It covers MHs to 7.5T and 8m, so suits me.

AND I earn £5 pm interest by keeping £2500 in the account, so the total cost of both insurances (plus other benefits) is £60pa: a bargain - Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back