RAC rip-off (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Does ADAC recover you from accidents as well as breakdown, just wondering as my Father had been with a well known breakdown firm for about 10 years without ever having used it, only to find that when he had an accident that they refused to recover him:Angry: needless to say that was the end of that relationship and it was only when he was looking for other cover that he realized he had also been paying over the odds for all those years as well :Doh:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Does ADAC recover you from accidents as well as breakdown, just wondering as my Father had been with a well known breakdown firm for about 10 years without ever having used it, only to find that when he had an accident that they refused to recover him:Angry: needless to say that was the end of that relationship and it was only when he was looking for other cover that he realized he had also been paying over the odds for all those years as well :Doh:
i was with RAC for 21 years they are a rip off no loyalty rebates

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes...if you don't have translator on your browser it is the top line in the list.

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/leistungen/default.aspx?ComponentId=8862&SourcePageId=62927

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
ADAC details in Englidh anywhere please?

Hi, it's insurance renewal time again & looking for breakdown cover as well.
Had insurance through Lifesure(with AXA) for a couple of years & breakdown through RAC (Arrivals).
Lifesure asked if I wanted Breakdown as well so hoping I might save money I checked it out. Good cover but NO pets?
So I checked out Arrivals & pets no problem but NO recovery after Accident.
Having looked on here ADAC looks interesting but can't find an English version of T&C's

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There is a translated document in the Downloads/Touring Information section. It is a couple of years old now, but may be of interest to you.

Brisey.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
OK but where's that? the whole site is in German & I can't see a language selector anywhere.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
It's in the Motorhome Fun downloads section, look for Resources on the left of the home page. Select downloads, then select Touring Information. You will then see an ADAC Handbook and Conditions file. Select this and download the file, it is a PDF and is in English. The following link should take you to the download.

Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
And here is some more useful info regarding ADAC, especially if you wish to speak to someone in english.
1...0049 941 52344. Amanda Moser. Email amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de

2...0049 941 55673. Barbara Lorenz.

I have already spoken to Barbara Lorenz, and she assured me that, as well as breakdown cover, if I was unable to drive our MH due to illness or an accident (ie, a skiing accident or a road traffic accident), then both Rita and I would be repatriated along with the MH, back to the UK, with me being medically repatriated if necessary. I shall be getting in touch again, before the 23rd Feb, to take out the policy. The Partner Plus package covers married couples and their young children.

HTH,

Jock.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
ytried to up the price last time and o rang them rac

cant figure out where the price difference comes from.....

if you take regular cover for your car it is a set price depending on cover required...same price for everyone.

i'm with Arrivals for my second year and paid £72 the first year......£78 the second year, which is a normal 'inflationary' price increase and would expect a similar price at renewal this year.

where do these 3 figure prices come from ?

yes we pay about the same as you the they tried to get more last time but i told them i was leaving and they gave me a better price

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back