MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Our RAC more than doubled ........phoned them to cancel........they reduced it by more than half .............:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
With r.a.c. Arrival they could not move me from A14 for over 2 hours .So blocking dual carriageway being dangerous police got their contractor within 30 minutes. It cost to me £200.00 which the r.a.c. Will not refund

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
From whats I've read elsewhere £200 claim limit.
If you'd like to show us where you've read that?
I think there is a max limit for recovery to a garage but other than that it's pretty limitless on recovery or repatriation etc if it applies?
Also none of the other services included such as key or document retrieval have limits .. there are maximum amounts for hotel stays too but nothing unreasonable. The policy is quite big because it has many parts to it so I can't really do a breakdown of each part. There is a copy of the adac terms on resources somewhere though.
There are lots of posts on the net of ADAC Chinese whispers such as them not accepting British customers etc which are a load of rubbish.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Checked Web history on articles I read a while back and it's a 200 towing limit but it still worries me.

Off the top of my head , & without checking as I have to go out, but I think that might be the limit that they will pay for recovery from a FRench Toll road. On them only the approved contractors are allowed to recover & so come complete with Dick Turpin :sneaky:
mask . If they do mug you ADAC will only pay the first 200.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
With r.a.c. Arrival they could not move me from A14 for over 2 hours .So blocking dual carriageway being dangerous police got their contractor within 30 minutes. It cost to me £200.00 which the r.a.c. Will not refund

Do you know why the RAC couldn't or wouldn't recover you?

I am with them and fall into the lazy auto renewal camp, will definitely be looking at ADAC this year, we stuck with RAC as we have a 5.5ton 8m MH which is too big for some companies to cover

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Dunno if this helps but we insured with Safeguard and it includes FULL cover including Europe (y)

(they were also best price insurance:))

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Just got our AA membership down from £189 to £70 - also had to haggle with the insurance companies - that's 2 hours of my life spent on the phone that I'll never get back - fed up of them!!

Not a bad little earner Dude, £59:50 an hour, look at it that way it will make you feel better(y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We are with the RAC nad this years renewal is pretty much the same as last year(y)
Brian & Jo

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I used to have a Nationwide account and I am talking about euro cover and I remember reading it, it was one of the reasons why I closed the account.

It only used to cover for 3500kg and a shorter length. I moved my account about 6 months ago and the cover got extended the day we joined. So another bonus and a handy backup.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Said it before (but never put it to the test): Nationwide FlexPlus current account! Breakdown/rescue cover provided by LV Britannia Rescue throughout Europe for MHs upto 8m/7.5t for £10pm BUT if you keep £2500 in the bank you earn approx £6pm interest (taxable).

So all of that breakdown cover for £48 pa (£60 if you are a standard rate tax payer) - Gordon

PS Did I mention that you also get worldwide family travel insurance, worldwide mobile phone cover and an extra 12m warranty on electrical good? (t&c s apply).
Same with us, also includes Worldwide Travel Insurance too
Chris

Last edited:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Having read through this thread I find I am no wiser as to the best comprehensive insurance. Would anyone care to offer a suggestion which encompasses the following under one insurance for 3500k:

Motorhome insurance
UK and Europe-wide breakdown and vehicle recovery to UK, including after accidents
Europe-wide medical insurance including repatriation
Breakdown and medical must cover for up to 90 days per trip minimum
24hr English speaking telephone emergency assistance

Dec 3, 2007
bristol
Funster No
MH
fiat autotrail imala 730
Exp
since 2005
with nationwide! have not read the 21 days limit for all the benefits its a no brainer eg try geting world wide travel insurance for example.

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Initial research on ADAC suggests that they may not be quite as wonderful as some think. It appears that documentation is in German, making it very difficult to understand what you are getting, and the following link highlights other experiences. I'm not saying they are worse than anyone else but having everything in German is not getting off to a good start. I also cannot find any reference to actual motorhome insurance as opposed to breakdown cover.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/commun...-sites/ADAC---Some-disturbing-news/rt/439588/

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Initial research on ADAC suggests that they may not be quite as wonderful as some think. It appears that documentation is in German, making it very difficult to understand what you are getting, and the following link highlights other experiences. I'm not saying they are worse than anyone else but having everything in German is not getting off to a good start. I also cannot find any reference to actual motorhome insurance as opposed to breakdown cover.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/commun...-sites/ADAC---Some-disturbing-news/rt/439588/
There are a few links to "dodgy or disturbing" things about ADAC.
They ate German and produce the terms in German. If you want an English translation there's one on here and a fair few around the Internet.
I can find absolutely nothing that compares to adac in any shape or form.
Stuff I've read about includes someone who claimed too many times so they cancelled a policy .. the continual rumour that they only speak German ... or don't accept British customers ..
So to answer you point
Documentation is in German with plenty of translations
It costs .. I think .. 94 euros or something like that for one years cover in Europe and morocco for my partner and I driving any vehicle under 7.5 tonne.
It provides emergency assistance, train fares, repatriation, loans for spares, recovery, and a whole host of other benefits.
That three year old link is a bit poor tbh.
But it's a choice (y)

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Thanks for your input. I will certainly consider ADAC for breakdown and medical insurance but I am hoping to find comprehensive motorhome insurance as well, all in one place. It seems that this is not something which is commonly available together.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Do you know why the RAC couldn't or wouldn't recover you?

I am with them and fall into the lazy auto renewal camp, will definitely be looking at ADAC this year, we stuck with RAC as we have a 5.5ton 8m MH which is too big for some companies to cover
Could not sent their chosen recovery firm because they didn't have anyone available for about two hours.This was blocking the A14 at Brampton,after bout an hour and half the police decided it was getting dangerous and got it moved(at £200 in about 15 minutes on the order of the chief cons table

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back