Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Preston, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
7 +
My RAC renewal came through the post today and they want £223.49. I wanted check I've got the best cover. For my £223.49 I get Roadside rescue and European cover. The main reason I chose the RAC (CCC Arrival) was there are no weight or size restrictions for motorhomes (my Motorhome is 4.5 tons).
Love to hear what other members experiences are or who they would recommend.
Apologies if this has been covered before I did try to search for it.

Thanks in advance

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sounds better value than we paid to renew, on exactly the same basis as you with a long and heavy MH

No idea how they think up their prices though, you would have thought the cover would have been standard price, I do fear that the longer you stay with them the more they put the price up :(

But I am now retired they can all get ready for next renewals, I will be on their case then (y)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I would shop with the "We don't play silly games at renewal time Insurance company Ltd"

I have almost always switched suppliers for breakdown and insurance unless they come very close after a phone call. If they can get close do they really think I'm going to accept their "we have searched hundreds of companies and this is the best we can find for you" first offer?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
How much!
Comfort as an add on to their insurance £62 no restriction on Motorhome size.

I actually have that as an add on to my Comfort policy, but we took it out just as we went to Norway and there was some doubt if it covered there

I also have a doubt that how can they possibly provide cover to repatriate from anywhere in Europe for such a low premium, they will be looking for options not to so decided to run the RAC policy alongside for a year, then forgot to cancel at renewal

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I actually have that as an add on to my Comfort policy, but we took it out just as we went to Norway and there was some doubt if it covered there

I also have a doubt that how can they possibly provide cover to repatriate from anywhere in Europe for such a low premium, they will be looking for options not to so decided to run the RAC policy alongside for a year, then forgot to cancel at renewal
Comfort is AA breakdown cover it used to be RAC they changed a couple of years ago. Breakdown policy is almost identical to RAC arrivals. Even covers Russian Urals and Marocco, for Morocco, you have pay then claim it back.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I insure with Safeguard so get AA for around £80, which is excellent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Another vote for Comfort plus breakdown cover which I have used in Span - excellent service, checked up periodically on my situation all the way down from northern Spain to destination.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Youmay be right. I have been with Safeguard so long I just renew without asking for detail! That's what I was told when I first insured with them.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
My RAC renewal came through the post today and they want £223.49. I wanted check I've got the best cover. For my £223.49 I get Roadside rescue and European cover. The main reason I chose the RAC (CCC Arrival) was there are no weight or size restrictions for motorhomes (my Motorhome is 4.5 tons).
Love to hear what other members experiences are or who they would recommend.
Apologies if this has been covered before I did try to search for it.

Thanks in advance
One advantage of the Arrival/RAC breakdown cover, through the Camping and Caravanning Club, is that it now includes a single continental trip of up to 350 days. Very few other stand-alone breakdown policies cover more than single trip length of 180 days.

We needed circa 270 days, because we leave the van garaged in Spain for the winter months. And yes, Comfort is good value for their breakdown option, but they wouldn't provide insurance cover I required for Spanish storage.

We took cover with Arrival/RAC through C&CC, that includes Mrs mikebeaches and me driving any vehicle, rather than just the van. So we don't need a second policy for our car. I guess, in theory, we might even be able to get assistance if driving a hire car, say in the middle of the night, when the car hire office may be shut etc. Unlikely, I know, but the policy we purchased states driving 'any' vehicle.

Last edited:

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi, we have arrival rac blue badge, hotel European 5 members any car, and my renewal came through £250. I phoned up and complained and got £150 guaranteed price for two years, only last week.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Comfort is AA breakdown cover it used to be RAC they changed a couple of years ago. Breakdown policy is almost identical to RAC arrivals. Even covers Russian Urals and Marocco, for Morocco, you have pay then claim it back.
I’ve just renewed with Comfort and they do cover Norway, we’re going in June. Repatriation is covered. I did panic so checked!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back