Rabies Vaccination Requirements? (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2022
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
ItineoSB740 on order
Exp
I wonder if anyone can help with a definitive answer (a lot to ask I know since the goalposts seem to be constantly moving!). We live in Spain and have an EU Pet Passport. My question is does it make a difference whether your pet has an annual rabies booster or a biennial one? My vet here told me yesterday that Britain requires an annual booster. I thought that the EU pet passport was valid for UK entry with whatever vaccination regime the issuing country follows?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
An annual booster is not required in the UK. The only thing which matters is the date in the passport showing the validity, for example two years or three years. If this date has not been exceeded then things are fine.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
What they said above.

it just needs to be done, and in date, whatever that period be. Most of us UK dog owners have three year boosters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
AIUI, the UK has a three year policy and Spain ( in our case Andalusia) has a 1 year policy. Our dog ( on a Spanish passport) suffers yearly injections whereas when she was on a UK passport she only needed three yearly jabs.....such is life!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I wonder if anyone can help with a definitive answer (a lot to ask I know since the goalposts seem to be constantly moving!). We live in Spain and have an EU Pet Passport. My question is does it make a difference whether your pet has an annual rabies booster or a biennial one? My vet here told me yesterday that Britain requires an annual booster. I thought that the EU pet passport was valid for UK entry with whatever vaccination regime the issuing country follows?
It is.

As said what the goalposts are in the UK does not affect a dog with a spanish passport. It is yearly here in spain but 3 yearly in the UK.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back