Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Deepest sympathy - believe us, we know how you feel. I posted a message here after we lost our deeply loved faithful friend Bryn on May 2nd. The house became empty. We received lots of messages of sympathy, like yourself, which were helpful. But we could never replace Bryn.

Slowly, though, we realised our life was not complete without a dog and a week last Saturday we collect Hattie, a 9 week old Border Terrier bitch from the breeders. How we had forgotten the hard work a new puppy is. The puddles, the piles, the chewed up slippers, the wimpering at bedtime. She is settling in, gaining confidence.

She is NOT a replacement for Bryn. No dog could be. But we are loving her in a different way and looking forward to when we can take her for walks.

There is a connection with Bryn. Hattie was born on the day we lost Bryn. It doesn't ease our sorrow over losing Bryn but we know that sorrow is slowly changing to fond memories of him.

I hope you feel the same as the pain of sorrow eases to happy memories.

Anyway, this is Hattie.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Hattie.jpg
    Hattie.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 10

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry for your loss, our time is fearfully nearing to losing our little little darling with the news the vet has given us so our heart goes out to you at this horrible horrible time, words can't describe this terrible time we have to go through when we lose our faithful friend...our thoughts are with you.

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
My lovely Blake died last Sunday.....He was only 8.....God it's hard without him...So know exactly how your feeling.

Wherever I go i'm at a loss without my little shadow..even putting the washing out is hard!!

I have another dog....but we don't have the same bond....he's totally lost too...so working hard to cheer him up.....

It's devastating...& you still get those that think your totally mad!! of the, "it's only a dog" brigade
I pity them....for not having the "privilege" of unconditional love..........How lucky are we to share these short but lovely years.................

My thoughts are with you..............

Blake had a beautiful devoted master ,i can tell by the way you talk about him,our thoughts are with you to ,yes we've had it's only a dog brigade to,thanks for taking time out to reply,take care jabbaman
thanks for you kind thoughts

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
So sorry for your loss, our time is fearfully nearing to losing our little little darling with the news the vet has given us so our heart goes out to you at this horrible horrible time, words can't describe this terrible time we have to go through when we lose our faithful friend...our thoughts are with you.

Thanks for you kind words,I'm sorry to here about your little little darling
it must be heart breaking when the vet gives you news you don't want.our heart felt thoughts go out to you,take care,jabbaman

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Deepest sympathy - believe us, we know how you feel. I posted a message here after we lost our deeply loved faithful friend Bryn on May 2nd. The house became empty. We received lots of messages of sympathy, like yourself, which were helpful. But we could never replace Bryn.

Slowly, though, we realised our life was not complete without a dog and a week last Saturday we collect Hattie, a 9 week old Border Terrier bitch from the breeders. How we had forgotten the hard work a new puppy is. The puddles, the piles, the chewed up slippers, the wimpering at bedtime. She is settling in, gaining confidence.

She is NOT a replacement for Bryn. No dog could be. But we are loving her in a different way and looking forward to when we can take her for walks.

There is a connection with Bryn. Hattie was born on the day we lost Bryn. It doesn't ease our sorrow over losing Bryn but we know that sorrow is slowly changing to fond memories of him.

I hope you feel the same as the pain of sorrow eases to happy memories.

Anyway, this is Hattie.

Steve

THANKS,for your kind words,i'm very sorry to here about Bryn, we like yourselves are finding it hard without Tina we have lots of memories to hold on to ,In time we'll get another pup and start from scatch again ,not to replace Tina just we love our dogs,hope evrything goes perfect with Hattie she looks so cute,take care jabbaman

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Oh that is so sad. It is so heartbreaking when they leave us as when they are alive they fill our lives but leave such a big hole when they are gone.
RIP Tina

Thanks for your kind thought,jabbaman

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Oh that is so sad. It is so heartbreaking when they leave us as when they are alive they fill our lives but leave such a big hole when they are gone.
RIP Tina

Thanks for your kind words,jabbaman

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Its very hard to type with tears in my eyes :cry: what a wonderful age you should be very proud of the fact your dog had a great life with a loving family.

THANKS for your kind reply ,we were proud of the fact that we've been left with 17 years of happy memories ,thanks again ,jabbaman

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
sorry for your loss i had three before christmas i lost one in january to cancer it was a very emotional time...............

god i'm so sorry to here that,thanks ,jabbaman

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

God bless you I know just how you feel x

that was beautiful thanks ,jabbaman

The V10 Squad

Free Member
Jul 11, 2011
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Four Winds B class
Exp
Jan 2010
Losing best friend

Any funster out there who's dog and lifelong friend has passed away,we now know how they must feel,this is TINA who was 17 years old,we always thought she would last for ever but we were fooling ourselves,funsters might
recognise her from her photo the wee old age pensioner that was slow but never gave on her walks about the sites,you don't realise how close you get to your dog until the're gone ,sorry for being so morbid this is supposed
to be a fun site,i just thought it would be fitting for her as a lot of people new her from our travels thanks, jabbaman R.I.P. TINA XX :Sad::Sad:

So sorry you have lost your friend, we have had 5 dogs over the years and it
does not get any easier each time you say goodbye, we can now look back with
happy memories of them all . Some of ours were rescue dogs, and it was such a pleasure to see how happy they were to have a nice home, even if only for a short time as they were oap when we had them... Steph :Sad:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
So sorry you have lost your friend, we have had 5 dogs over the years and it
does not get any easier each time you say goodbye, we can now look back with
happy memories of them all . Some of ours were rescue dogs, and it was such a pleasure to see how happy they were to have a nice home, even if only for a short time as they were oap when we had them... Steph :Sad:
As you have said over the years we have lost dogs (irish setters) with age and cancer we decided that we would rescue a dog this time and at first was strange but now 3 years down the line we have a beautifuul and loving irish setter. who has just turned 4 and all i can say is that you do look back with fond memories but to this day i still get a lump in my throat and will always be privliged that they shared there life with me

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back