Quick Spin Around France / Spain (1 Viewer)

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Just had a few weeks away, limited to that as I am still very much in the land of the working.

However thought I would mention a couple of highlights.

We took the following route, Channel Tunnel to Calais, Reims, Dyjon, Remoulins, Lla Franc (Spain), Carcassonne, Saint-Just-Luzac, La Rochelle, Alencon then home.

Remoulins has a great Thai restaurant called Thai Royal Orchid, the aire is located next to a river which is crystal clear and great for swimming.

Carcassonne is very pretty and the aire is huge and very close to the town.

About a 30 minute drive from St-Just-Luzac is a zoo called La Plamyre, it is a great zoo. You can hand feed a lot of animals for example, there are high feeding platforms for the giraffes.

The aquarium at La Rochelle is very good, much better than London.

Alecon, this was a real surprise the town is really nice with many culinary choices. We ate at a Afgan restaurant called A Kaboul, can't recommend this place highly enough it was excellent. There are also a number of vets close by to sort out the doggy passport. We stayed at the municipal site which is about a 10-15 minute walk from town.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Just had a few weeks away, limited to that as I am still very much in the land of the working.

About a 30 minute drive from St-Just-Luzac is a zoo called La Plamyre, it is a great zoo. You can hand feed a lot of animals for example, there are high feeding platforms for the giraffes.

La Palmyre zoo 45.686488, -1.168118 is considered the best in Europe, five minutes drive from there are parking areas 2 minutes walk from the beaches Excellent
45.682902, -1.180112

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back