Quick question bike security in Benidorm (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How safe is it to park your push bikes in Benidorm town or beach area without them disappearing..Ta

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why not just lock it up anyway.
If it goes walkabout then, it would have been easier to steal without the lock.
You wouldn't park the van and not lock it, or would you.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Why not just lock it up anyway.
If it goes walkabout then, it would have been easier to steal without the lock.
You wouldn't park the van and not lock it, or would you.
Having ridden a bike in and around London for the passed 40 years having a number of bikes stolen in that time, all being securely locked I think I am probably more aware than most how biking works in the UK but was attempting to pick the brains of those regular users in Benidorm. Example you can leave bikes in some places without problems ie Cyprus or parts of the US. How about Benidorm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If it's anything like Roquetas De Mar they will come up and take it off you .. happened to my 16 yo son waiting for us outside Lidl..

but push bikes in Benidorm.. ? Surely you will want a mobility scooter , everyone has them ;)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If it's anything like Roquetas De Mar they will come up and take it off you .. happened to my 16 yo son waiting for us outside Lidl..

but push bikes in Benidorm.. ? Surely you will want a mobility scooter , everyone has them ;)
Now now Jim....welcome back;):)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Having ridden a bike in and around London for the passed 40 years having a number of bikes stolen in that time, all being securely locked I think I am probably more aware than most how biking works in the UK but was attempting to pick the brains of those regular users in Benidorm. Example you can leave bikes in some places without problems ie Cyprus or parts of the US. How about Benidorm.

Well i never had mine nicked in 5 winters in Benidorm,,mind you they are PUSH BIKES which aren't so nickable in todays world,,,You don't see many other than in the serious racing fraternity,,,BUSBY:D:D

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
If you remove the saddle and it is still stolen look for someone with a smile on there face.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
No safer or worse than most other holiday places..
I would never leave one unlocked or out of site...

Not much help I know... :whistle:

People leave unwanted items outside our apartment block, there are local Gypsys / scrap men who come and take it almost as soon as its put outside. I suspect they would not think twice about throwing on a bike..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back