QUESTIONS - RVing in Europe (Shipping RV from USA) (1 Viewer)

TOM ROBERTSON

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel and Class C
Exp
I'm A Newbie - Though I grew up RVing with parents
Hi - I am an American looking to ship a Class C (Coach Built) style motorized rig to Europe. My plan is to install an electrical converter before shipping. Ship it to Europe and store it in the Netherlands and fly to Europe 1-2 times a year and use the rig for 3 months at a time.

I have a couple books on "RVing" in Europe, but am looking for groups on line to join and gain more real life experiences.

I am also looking for what water, propane and electrical connectors are needed for each country and hopefully where I could order/purchase them in advance.

I have liked your site and look forward to the information and possibly touring with you.

Tom Robertson
Travel My Road
www.travelmyroad.com

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Hi Tom, welcome aboard.

No help from me regarding bottle adaptor as I have an Autogas 200 on-board system fitted.

Plenty of info will be forthcoming shortly, I am sure.

Hymie

OP
OP
TOM ROBERTSON

TOM ROBERTSON

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel and Class C
Exp
I'm A Newbie - Though I grew up RVing with parents
Thanks Hymie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi Tom

There are quiet a few RVs in the UK, they do have an owners club and website, a sister site to this one

WWW.RVOC.CO.UK

May also be a good idea to register there and get advice,

Most RVs have a simple electrical conversion of a continuously rated step down transformer to converts the 220v to 110v, most appliances will still work on the 60Hz supply anyway.
Not sure if you intend to register it in Europe.Your TV and vehicle lighting will need conversion along with your shore line.
The water connections although different screw threads are the same push fit connections and all the gas connections are readily and easily available..mechanics spares, filters etc are all readily and easily available from UK stock or a few days from USA so would think Europe is similar

http://www.starspangledspanner.com

Also consider insurance, registered keepers address, import duties, vehicle assessments. UK/European electrical hook ups will be 16A max and typically 10 or 6 and may be as low as 4A, so no 50A connections here

One thought, unless you have a real burning desire to import yours, why not consider buying one over here, already converted ? Check out ebay for ones already in Europe.

Adrian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

just wanted to say welcome, and thanks for sharing your blog and dream..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back