questions questions questions (1 Viewer)

firebird123

Free Member
Nov 9, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
i am a newbie
I have got a Autotrail Apache 700 ?
How long do you leave fresh water in your tank for ? and is it best to drain it off, before replenishing ?

I have a drop down DVD player at the cab entrance, can you tell me how to switch it on ?

How long does it take to charge a leisure battery ? (flattened mine left the switches on ooops )
It would be better if I could meet up with someone and pick their brains ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would leave water in the tank no longer than a week at most but I normally drain it out after every trip. When actually on a trip I don't drain between fills and haven't noticed any problems. Adding fresh water to a tank should top up it up with chlorine!

Not sure what switches you left on to flatten the leisure battery or how long it took to flatten it. The control panel can take a very small current but unless you leave a light on or have some sort of alarm things shouldn't go flat quickly. Flattening the battery is not a good idea as it can wreck it. It would be worth seeing what the current drain is when everything is switched off. There may be a fault.

Charging should be about 12 hours or so if on EHU - or a good day's drive in my experience.

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
So go to a meet & ask 12 Motorhomers. This will produce at least 6 different opinions. You can probably discard the most popular answer as being an urban myth. The second or third most popular answers are a good place to start, but don't discount the possibility that only one person really knows what they are talking about.

Now that was a great help, wasn't it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If it's any help (serious hat on now), I wouldn't disagree with anything DevonBeekeeper said. (y)
Get that flat battery charged asap - the longer you leave it flat, the more damage will be done.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I cannot get on these "Meets" they are all booked up a month in advance ?
Thats the way it goes now....at one time it was never a problem but with hundreds of active members times change.

You need to check the meets calender regularly and book weeks or even months in advance.

The last one i booked, but couldnt attend eventually, was booked as we left the same meet the previous year....one year advance booking

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back