Question - Laika onboard water tanks (1 Viewer)

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Hi all, I appreciate that this may vary between models and builders but thought I'd ask: I have two onboard water tanks. If one runs dry is the switch to the other seamless or do I need to take some manual action to divert the feed? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lee.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Our Laika Ecovip i100 had two water tanks, and there was a manual turn handle valve, next to the truma boiler. The second tank tended to be a optional extra on our model anyhow, but we liked to know when the first tank had emptied, otherwise if its automatic you forget about it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sift

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Pat, which one is the primary; the small one or the larger underfloor one? I.e. which empties first if on automatic please?

Thanks for your help,
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We have a laika with two tanks. The second was an option when new.
We have a tap/valve to switch between tanks which is located behind an access door near the floor which also gives access to the pump.
We have to switch between the tanks, not feed from both at the same time.

Upvote 0

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks Pat, which one is the primary; the small one or the larger underfloor one? I.e. which empties first if on automatic please?

Thanks for your help,
Lee.

Where are your tanks located? Both of ours are 120l and both located in the double floor.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008

Thanks for your help,
Lee.

We have Pats Laika now and the tanks look both the same size but one is onboard (under a seat) and the other is slung underneath (not protected from freezing) There is no automatic option so we have to change over manually.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sift

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Where are your tanks located? Both of ours are 120l and both located in the double floor.
I have a smaller tank located under the bed and a larger tank situated at the front of the double floor space. The water pump appears to be in the cupboard behind the Truma heater but I cannot see any switches, levers or taps.

Regards,
Lee.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back