Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Just getting ready for France in September and I need some help

We have a French cube from a previous trip which was easy to connect to our Autosleeper but now with our Rapido it is all fancy with a built in regulator and solenoid switch

The first question is if i can get a pigtail to fit the Cube regulator (which has to be in situ) and connect it to the in of the Rapido built in regulator will it give sufficient pressure to work?

or will any French bottles that do not require a regulator on top drop in where a Calor one is now,assuming I can buy one ?

or are`you sending me off for a Gaslow/Alugas set up?

Thanks Alan

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just getting ready for France in September and I need some help

We have a French cube from a previous trip which was easy to connect to our Autosleeper but now with our Rapido it is all fancy with a built in regulator and solenoid switch

The first question is if i can get a pigtail to fit the Cube regulator (which has to be in situ) and connect it to the in of the Rapido built in regulator will it give sufficient pressure to work?

or will any French bottles that do not require a regulator on top drop in where a Calor one is now,assuming I can buy one ?

or are`you sending me off for a Gaslow/Alugas set up?

The French Bottles have the connection as a butane bottle male external thread

Thanks Alan

Alan get yourself a Butane /propane adaptor..female to male..that will save you by passing the auto shut off pressure valve..or if not you could get pigtail to fit your set up (from your bottle to regulator) then any french bottle will fit...you bottle area should take two 13kg bottles mine does
One may be enough depending on how long is a piece of string ...no I mean how long you are coming for...I have just done this a MHF member he already had butane fittings so I gave him one of my bottles to keep filling up while in France....BUT sadly he has taken my bottle home with him, or you could have had that one

If you are going to do a lot of different countries then yes I would go for alugas...because they are lighter .then you just use the adaptors..if not Gaslow

The French bottle has the same connection as the UK butane bottle male external thread

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Alan

Is your Rapido fitted with the Truma Secumotion regulator and pigtails? If yes then you need to consider this fact when procuring other pigtails. Look on

Link Removed

Ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Mel if all the plans come together we may well be over there for all winter and even venture down into Spain.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
ebay about twenty quid get the eu adaptors as well.
in spain its far cheaper to get a spanish bottle and exchange . the pumps are dearer. very often garages will let you haver a bottle or ask the gas bottle truck man/woman. about 10euro deposit.
you can buy a 35mm spanish fitting to the french /old uk butane fitting for about 7 euro in the leroy merlin hardeware shops.

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel if all the plans come together we may well be over there for all winter and even venture down into Spain.

I would go for alugas then.....that is what we did ....Dave Newal did ours...the best about your motorhome the new Rapido it has already most of the parts in situ.....that what Dave told us when he quoted for the fitting of Alum gas...take some photos of your bottles and gas regulators and send to Dave for a quote..

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Link Removed