Question about Truma water heater

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by timdownieuk, Jul 16, 2014.

  1. timdownieuk

    timdownieuk Funster

    Apr 9, 2013
    Whilst poking around tracing pipework I noticed this oddity in my system. I say oddity but only because I'm not sure how it works (although I can guess)

    There is a T-piece fitted to the heater's HW outlet, one arm straight, the other right-angled. The straight leg seems to be the HW feed for all the taps etc., the right-angle one is connected to an open pipe exiting through the floor. There are no valves on this second pipe, it's just open ended. It doesn't *look* like there's anything to hold the water in the system when pressurised. Would I be right in thinking that the right-angled arm is plugged with wax or something that melts should the boiler seriously overheat? image.jpg Tim

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice