Question about lightweight vacuum cleaners (1 Viewer)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Dysons are my pet hate.
How can they justify £400 for a cheap plastic vacuum cleaner and £300 for an hairdryer for pity's sake.
£400 would buy you an automatic washing machine AND an automatic dishwasher.
Ridiculous and people buy them!!! :Eeek: :Eeek: - it's all just marketing - just like perfumes.

Rant over :swear2::swear2::swear2:
Agreed, personally I think the country’s richest man does not deserve a single penny of our money, he just let 900 staff go I believe it was around 600 in the UK, his headquarters are overseas as is home and manufacturing. The company started out with some noble ideals but power and money seem to have changed the course of the company.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We started with an absolutely useless Waeco cordless, it sucked because it didn't suck. 😁
Next we tried a cheap Beldray cordless, it worked ok but was flimsy and bits kept breaking on the lid part until we had to tape it shut.
I decided enough was enough and bought a Dyson V7. It was £300.00 which is indeed expensive, but when you open the box and see the array of attachments including motorised rotors heads, it starts to make sense on the pricing.
In use, I can't fault it, it's powerful and efficient. Sure, there are probably cheaper alternatives but you get what you pay for.
I can afford one but when my vacuum cleaner breaks it will not be a Dyson for all the reasons I’ve posted I’m not saying their a bad product but ethically I can’t justify buying one. Please don’t think I’m being critical enjoy the machine you have.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Have a look at directvacuums,co,uk come with a 12 month warranty , one for home one for van no problems like brand new! and 1/3rd price!
We’ve got three Vax Blades (from DirectVacuums)......one for upstairs, one for downstairs, and one for the ‘van, all for much less than half the price of a V11 in total. Dysons are good, I suppose, but way overpriced IMHO.

:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Harumph don't tell me about &%*(( ing long blonde hairs - no 2 daughter and both daughters' daughters - and they ALL moult 12 months of the year. So seven of them.

No 2 daughter many years ago was given a Dyson Roller Ball by her ex boyfriend but she couldn't get it to work so brought it to dad. 2 minutes releasing all the swear word dog hair clogging the roller and instantly solved by me and his Stanley knife. Wish I'd kept it and given her mine now!

Amazing how things last if you treat them well ......

As lightweight as possible paired with good suction is my main spec, so I'll investigate the Shark first I think.
Dyson give you 30 days trial, if you don't like it for any reason simply return for a full refund.
Shark were doing similar,get both and send the Shark back 😁😉

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
A while ago I bought a hand held Dyson V6 "boat and caravan" model for the motorhome, which came with a 12v charger. Subsequently bought a long wand for it and full width power brush. It now spends most of its time in the house being used instead of the heavy Miele cleaner. On high setting it only lasts 10 minutes or so, but it works well for us.

Thinking of buying a newer version of the Dyson for the house so that "my" motorhome cleaner can go back out where it belongs.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Have had a Dyson DC34 in the van since 2011 - full timed for three years, & have bought one compatible battery for £14.99 in the intervening years. It’s still going strong! In the house we have a Shark corded cleaner, but I find it heavy & awkward - hubby loves it! Have just treated ourselves to a Dyson v11, & it’s fantastic! I have also noticed that Paul has not used the Shark since we bought the Dyson! They are very expensive, & I also don’t think I like the ethics, but you can’t beat them as a vacuum, IMHO!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I'm sick of cleaning vacuum cleaner filters, there always seems to be at least 2 and they get filthy instantly 🤢 what's wrong with a bag!?
Our next one will be a Henry they get blinding reviews and are 100 quid. Looks like I'm stuck cleaning the 18v van one mind, Ann likes it, I prefured the dust pan and brush... K.I.S.S👍

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
We have a dyson vac and it’s about twice as powerful as the gtech. My mum has a gtech and was saying how good it is. So we had a suck off. Ping pong ball placed in the middle both vacuums turned on. No contest, none. Dyson won hands down every time. I didn’t even use the turbo button. So yeah Dyson are expensive but like everything in life. You get what you pay for.
I beg to differ. We bought a Vax blade 4 to use upstairs. We also have a floor Dyson vacuum. Did a full filter clean recently on it. Vacuumed the living room carpet with the Dyson, then tried the Vax. The Vax was amazing, even without the power boost it picked up an embarrassing amount of dust and fluff off the carpet that had been cleaned just 10 minutes before. The Dyson quickly ended up on the Council tip.

I also have a Dyson hand held which was hugely expensive, but the battery goes before you blink. The Vax battery lasts for ages, and comes with a whole range of accessories if you buy direct.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back