Quest pop up 6 man tent. Help ! (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We have a Quest 6 man pop up. We have used it many times and swear by it.
Somehow it became tangled at the bottom and try as me and the missus did to fix the tangle it just got worse. In the end I had to take out some of the stays to even get back in the packet.
Anyone have any hints or tips in this matter ?
Phil

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've found that the storage/carry bags supplied with tents, sleeping bags and awnings are rarely large enough when trying to repack them. The factory packers must have had extensive training.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I’ve never had a problem before, they are easy to pop up and I can do it by myself. This time the sides mysteriously got in a tangle.
Life's to short for these problems, I’ll just see how we get on without one.
Hope to see you at Lincoln, 50/50 chance right now.
Phil

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Best to take out the side stays that are twisted. Put it up with the stays out and then reinsert the stays.they are in one piece so you will need to bend them a bit to get the ends in the pockets.just make sure you dont loose the end protector caps.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Could try removing the wall poles spreading the tent out and then reinserting them, may work on the other hand may not, but worth a try 🎪

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I’ve never had a problem before, they are easy to pop up and I can do it by myself. This time the sides mysteriously got in a tangle.
Life's to short for these problems, I’ll just see how we get on without one.
Hope to see you at Lincoln, 50/50 chance right now.
Phil
You have not got it inside out ? I do know two Funster’s from Wales who did that🤣 but it was not their fault! Or so they said 😉
Bring it to LINCOLN we’ll get it sorted out 👍

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Without physically seeing it and therefore understanding what got twisted with what, very difficult to fathom out. However, take it with you wherever you're going next - and you'll get all the help needed, if you even need any having already done the sensible thing by removing the 'poles'. I personally have never in the last 20-ish years had the strength to get the other end of the 'poles' of shock corded ones into the pockets anyway, so I can only deal with joining em together, starting to thread them and shoving them, then supervising the first end of em and making certain they don't pop out of their pocket again - one at a time! - whilst Pete gets the other ends in.

Pop up my foot - try doing it with a ?4m x 4m Coleman Event Shelter on a blustery day in October ........

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
On putting our 6 sided up for the first time , one of the sides ( 4 rods to yhe middle ) came away from the middle , I unscrewed the middle cover & had to reconstruct , not had a problem since . I think it had not been put together in the first place correctly . Doesn't sound the same problem as yours .
It would have been very funny as we bought it at Malvern show several years ago , and various unnamed funsters said they wanted me & good lady too put it up while they all watched , luckily I declined as didn't want to look a pratt the first time ( good job too as it took 45 mins to sort & put back together ) didn't need an audience , as they weould have laughed and took the pi** .

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
When we bought ours the nylon had folded back over the poles. I ended up taking the out at that end, swearing a bit, putting it partly up, swearing a bit more and finally, after a bit more swearing, pushed the poles into their pockets. Since then with careful packing we've had no problems.

OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Best to take out the side stays that are twisted. Put it up with the stays out and then reinsert the stays.they are in one piece so you will need to bend them a bit to get the ends in the pockets.just make sure you dont loose the end protector caps.
I’ve tried this and just got absolutely worn out, my wife as well.
If we do make Lincoln I’ll be in no condition to try it so maybe next year sometime.
Phil

OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Could try removing the wall poles spreading the tent out and then reinserting them, may work on the other hand may not, but worth a try 🎪
I tried this but it’s so difficult. Had to give up. and I don’t give up easily.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back