Quarantine requirements from amber countries to end 19 July👍 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Update, this only applies to folk who have had the U.K. vaccines, not yet applicable to those of us ‘expats’ or ‘immigrants’ in other countries. ( I have an EU vaccine certificate) and can show proof on the NHS vaccination portal. ( in order to visit the U.K. and avoid quarantine)

HOWEVER………..

Listening to Grant Schapps this morning, the reason is an IT issue at immigration, not being able to (currently) validate non U.K. certificates.

So, I have registered with the NHS portal and called and emailed my U.K. doctors the relevant EU certificates, and they are happy to upload proof of vaccination, and for it to show up on the NHS system.

So, in theory, and if it’s uploaded quick enough for my planned return visit in 10 days time, this SHOULD allow me quarantine free entry on my return, showing the NHS proof👍

The link to begin registration is here, which may be usefull for those of you living abroad and wishing to visit the U.K. 🤪

…….fingers crossed😎

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
The 19th July is for England only. One day 2 test and no quarantine.
Wales and Scotland are still keeping the two tests and 10 day quarantine.
Wales and Scotland are also imposing paid NHS testing of £170 per person for these tests. You cannot use a private provider.
Grant Schapps announcement was for the UK, it appears Wales and Scotland have left the UK but not told those of us who live there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have an EU vaccine certificate) and can show proof on the NHS vaccination portal. ( in order to visit the U.K. and avoid quarantine)
Wife has all that.it will not work. the specific words in the statement were
" have had both vaccinations administered by the NHS in the Uk".

It specifically excludes any vaccine administered outside the UK.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The 19th July is for England only. One day 2 test and no quarantine.
Wales and Scotland are still keeping the two tests and 10 day quarantine.
Wales and Scotland are also imposing paid NHS testing of £170 per person for these tests. You cannot use a private provider.
Grant Schapps announcement was for the UK, it appears Wales and Scotland have left the UK but not told those of us who live there.
This again shows how idiotic devolution is. How on earth do scottie dog and dreadful think they can control it.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Wife has all that.it will not work. the specific words in the statement were
" have had both vaccinations administered by the NHS in the Uk".

It specifically excludes any vaccine administered outside the UK.
I can but try! The docs I spoke with in the U.K. said they would be happy to upload my vaccination info, so we shall wait and see🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Update, this only applies to folk who have had the U.K. vaccines, not yet applicable to those of us ‘expats’ or ‘immigrants’ in other countries. ( I have an EU vaccine certificate) and can show proof on the NHS vaccination portal. ( in order to visit the U.K. and avoid quarantine)

HOWEVER………..

Listening to Grant Schapps this morning, the reason is an IT issue at immigration, not being able to (currently) validate non U.K. certificates.

So, I have registered with the NHS portal and called and emailed my U.K. doctors the relevant EU certificates, and they are happy to upload proof of vaccination, and for it to show up on the NHS system.

So, in theory, and if it’s uploaded quick enough for my planned return visit in 10 days time, this SHOULD allow me quarantine free entry on my return, showing the NHS proof👍

The link to begin registration is here, which may be usefull for those of you living abroad and wishing to visit the U.K. 🤪

…….fingers crossed😎
I have been trying for the last 2 days trying to register for a pass on that portal to be able to travel in Europe again but keep getting “due to Tecnical difficulties please try again “ even tried to register manually …nope no luck that way either…

Kath

….

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back