Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
hi melvin,

dont know a lot about quads but i do know a lot are auto...whether of the centrifugal clutch or constantly variable type.
many are four wheel drive which could cause 'transmission windup' problems if flat towed unless it is switchable between 4 and 2 wheel drive.

cant see any easy way to operate the brakes from an A frame and as it has brakes they must all work, by law, even though they are under the magic 750kg limit for unbraked trailers.

tyre rubber may be too soft for the side forces when cornering and scrub the tread off in no time and the whole thing may bounce like a rubber ball.

just my views and opinions.

PappaJohn
Having read the replies, on Quads and towing......you are just confirming as with Alan and Wildman also Ant& Debs the best route, and is first one I had thought of, as I have a trailer all be it on the large side, is to place on a trailer...Job done.
Thank you

:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes pappa but under regulations to control the hp. and cc and speed in uk. after 1977not exceeding 50cc,kerb wt no more than 250kg max speed 45km/h first of august 77. but lets not go there melvin wants to know about quads ..trailer or garage only ,i say

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
yes pappa but under regulations to control the hp. and cc and speed in uk. after 1977not exceeding 50cc,kerb wt no more than 250kg max speed 45km/h first of august 77. but lets not go there melvin wants to know about quads ..trailer or garage only ,i say

:thumb::thumb: Thank you to all :thumb::thumb:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

yes i know that but i thought id keep the windup going...:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pappa when i had the garage we also had 2 other outlets kernow conversions for campers and kernow trikes . we built three wheeled m,bikes from the vw beetle .either using cut down beetles with no roofs to fibre glass three seaters .still have loads of trike stuff here enough to build at least three. we also built custom bikes /chops but they had two wheels not three. will bring some photos next time we meet . never built a unicycle built bi,tri, quad, 5ers and 6 wheeled vehicles .worked on all up to 16 wheelers .also built airplane engines .v w for luton minors and trago flyers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back