QE2 BRIDGE CLOSURE 30th November 2014 (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
All,
Whilst on my way down to Saaafend today on the A127, one of the matrix signs warned of closure of the Queen Elizabeth ll Bridge (M25 Essex to Kent) on Sunday 30th November. Didn't give any times of the event.

I guess this is something to do with the new Dart-Charge system going 'live' on this date?

Crossing the Thames here will still be possible via the tunnels, but there's bound to be delays for any Funster's going 'foreign' to the channel ports. Best leave a bit more time.

Have trawled the Highways Agency site, but can't seem to find any definitive info'

James

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Thanks for the heads up
We'll be coming back through the Dartford Crossing on our way back from Belgium on the 30th.
On the plus side - the wagon will be full of wine for Christmas and Step Daughters up coming wedding :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is all well sorted and apart from a couple late night / early morning times they are splitting the tunnels up and using them for both directions

I get weekly updates from Traffic :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Yes Jaws but I trawled the Highways Agency site and couldn't find the exact times of Sunday week's closure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back