Pyrenees Peyragudes

Discussion in 'General Skiing Chat' started by WillinFrance, Jan 20, 2017.

1. WillinFrance

WillinFrance Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    0CCDE15C-ED91-42EC-8CF7-2F737C81CC83.JPG 354A42E8-0D19-472A-9A99-CFB5FF74C53C.JPG At last the snow has arrived in the Pyrenees.
    Had a great day skiing at Peyragudes, plenty of excellant snow, approx 1,5m on the top. Much better than all that artificial stuff!!
    Was very cold, started the day at -12C, and then warmed up to a nice -5C, but the sun shon all day. Not too many people as it's before the school holiday period in February.
    All the Pyrenees resorts are saying excellant conditions now.
    Most have been closed for 2-3 days during the heavy snow, digging out lifts and trying to clear the roads. But all seem to be ok now.

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Ratings:
    +3,471
    Brilliant, we're so pleased for you. Nothing worse than being in a ski resort and not able to ski! We're booked for La Plagne but not for a few weeks as the snow was so late, hoping it'll be good when we get there.

Happy skiing ..... Go and enjoy"

3. DAVWOD

DAVWOD Funster

Ratings:
    +48
    Very envious, any problem : frozen waste tank etc...

4. WillinFrance

WillinFrance Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    No, it's only about 50km from home, so was in the car, there was a few MotorHomes parked under about 1m of snow, it seems very popular in the Pyrenees with a MoHo.
    We have about 8 ski resorts close to home, 30mins to 1hr 30mins so a bit spoilt living down hear!! :):)

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Ratings:
    +2,628
    How very odd! This morning when I looked outside the window, it all looked a bit like your picture, well the same colour, but everybody was moaning about it.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +13,524
    Ohoo .... Peyragudes... Old but sweet memories. Must have changed a lot though. I used to go there with school in winter to do some sliding... What fun! I 'm not a skying person.... the only time I tried, I went backwards... Never tried again, I was quite hurt.... in my feelings LOL !

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like it Like it x 1
  7. DAVWOD

DAVWOD Funster

Ratings:
    +48
    Tried Skiing , 1 st time in Austria a surprise 50th Birthday present . 1 week stay in a nice Hotel, 1 weeks ski lessons. After it was all over we booked again in Andorra. Still a novice and always will be. I came second to a German in a slalom for beginners, Pinned a number on my back which turned me into a kamikazi win or die. Only the Law of gravity let me done as l was a 10.5 stone gy and the German was loads heavier. I'm tempted to take the Motorhome one year if l can master putting snow chains on as quick as ski boots ❄️❄️

• Like it Like it x 1
  8. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Any ski appropriate campsites around here? Looking for one with cabins too.
    Cheers

9. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Asking again as still.looking!