PVC VAN CONVERSION (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Since 2010
Hi motorhome people. Question? Does anybody know a good quality van converter please. I have a friend who has bought a van and wants to convert it to motorhome standard.He can't do it himself. Distance not a problem. He has rung about but most are extremely unhelpful when he mentioned he is suppling the van. Thanks Steve

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Platinum conversions in Gorseinon (South Wales) did mine over 4 years ago and I am still very pleased with it

Like many converters, their mainstays are VW T5/6's but mine is a Peugeot Boxer - I know they have done many other non VW's as well

Also, they were the only converter, locally to me, who were happy to install a Wallas XC Duo (combined diesel hob & heater) which was critical to my design

And yes, I supplied the van

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
There’s a company in Radstock, Somerset. Before ordering a PVC ‘off the shelf’, I spoke to them. Very helpful, happy for me to supply the van, but when I did my maths it worked out too expensive.

It was going to be £25k+ for the conversion, with the cost of the van onto. Waiting time for a building slot was 12 months.

I rang around 6 converters, giving my list of requirements, with a a rough plan of lay out. All went over our budget......by a lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
had my van converted here https://www.imperialcarcentre.co.uk/ taking your own van no problem phone and ask for chris .look on there wed site and lots of different vans ,insurance company except there conversions ...

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
We used S&L Motorhomes near Selby. We supplied the van and they built to our design. They are a family company who build to a very high standard and would definitely to use them again.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Firm in Adwick le Street,(just off the A1) called Motorcraft Conversions do fab bespoke work , we bought a VW Crafter LWB conversion from them years ago, recommend them see , www.motorccraftconversions.co.uk

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Ok... I would dearly luv to recommend the people who converted my van..
They only dealt in full size vans..Ducatos.. Boxers...Sprinters...Movano..etc but did IMHO a fantastic job.
They happily took your van and did what you wanted to it (within reason )
They did wot I wanted and I don't think they overcharged for the craftsmanship they achieved.

The only thing is that they seemed to have followen (sorry can't spell followen) off the radar and there is no sign of them on internet and their phone seems to be dead

Great shame because it was no scam.... I got my van at price I was prepared to pay and craftsmanship is faultless..

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
We used Young Conversions for mods to our Bailey when we needed them and the stuff they were doing was amazing....
Did not know Bailey did PCV's
So why would you need Youngs to convert your Bailey van ..
Got impression OP wanted someone to convert a van from scratch ... not modify a van to your standards because your van ain't to your liking

OP
OP
S
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Thanks for all your recommendations I have passed them on to my friend. He has bought a Mann TGE High roof LWB van.

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
Too long a story - Baily don't do PCVs' but the vans that were being converted in Youngs workshop were absolutely brilliant.
Just because I wanted the layout of my van changed to my liking and because of my medical issue doesn't preclude me from admiring good workmanship. The OP was looking for possible converters, I've recommended one, leave it at that. :mad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back