PVC roof rack (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2017
swansea
Funster No
MH
self built PVC
Exp
since 2016
Hi all, I have a Peugeot Boxer PVC with a Thule awning attached to the mounting points on the roof but I now want to mount a rack on the roof along with the awning to free up some internal space. I don’t really want to drill the roof and fit rivnut fixings . Has anyone found a rack that will fit with the awning?
Thx .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This isn't much help but I can't see how this can be easily done as the awning covers the mounting points the rack would use.

My only suggestion is it might be possible to have some plates made which would clamp between the awning and the existing roof points and create a new fixing point further inboard.

Or change the awning to one which doesn't use the mounting points. They are available but this would be an expensive option.

Alternatively, add a bike rack and a rear box as I have. As an aside we have an awning which allows a roof rack but I don't use one as it would be too high for convenient use I think.

PXL_20210906_160414017.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
taffiosi
Jan 30, 2017
swansea
Funster No
MH
self built PVC
Exp
since 2016
Thanks both, I already have a rear mounted rack for my motorbike so that option is not available, maybe a relocate of the awning mounts is the way forward. I’m pretty handy with metalwork so that’s an option. I was hoping for a quick buy now rack option but no google searches came up with anything so homemade may be the way forward.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thanks both, I already have a rear mounted rack for my motorbike so that option is not available, maybe a relocate of the awning mounts is the way forward. I’m pretty handy with metalwork so that’s an option. I was hoping for a quick buy now rack option but no google searches came up with anything so homemade may be the way forward.

I think you need a bigger boat van! :LOL: (or a trailer) :unsure:

Upvote 0

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We had an awning and roof rails installed at the same time. The awning was supplied with adapter plates that allowed it and the roof rails to use the same mounting points

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
The Adria Twins come with 2 longitudinal roof rails and the canopy so see if you can take a look at how that’s fitted on the Ducato, it should be the same as yours I think.

Mine has yet to arrive, still, so I cannot take a look for you.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back